We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essaouira and Marrakesh

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Essaouira and Marrakesh

Hi, I'll be spending two weeks in Morocco at end of August/beginning of September. Right now we're planning to make Essaouira our base and maybe spend a few days in Marrakesh and day trips to other places. I picked Essaouira because its seems to be small and quiet. My friends and I live in New York City so we're looking for a restful vacation. But now I'm starting to worry that there won't be enough to do in Essaouira for that length of time. Anyone have any advice on Essaouira? A week there and a week in Marrakesh? Any suggestions?! Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Essaouira and Marrakesh

I would base myself in Marrakech if I were you. Make some daytrips (Atlas mountains, Ouzoud), then see when you're bored with the city and continue to Essaouira.

From Essaouira, you can travel to some other places (Diabat, Sidi Kaouki, Safi, even Taghazoute) before you return to Marrakech or Casablanca for your flight home.

2. Re: Essaouira and Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 15, 2009