We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

essaouira or agadir

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
essaouira or agadir

hi thinking of going to essaouira early september for 10 days is this to long or would agadir be better after a 4 night stay in marrakech thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: essaouira or agadir

I prefer Essaouira to Agadir: the former has more character and history. Agadir was

rebuilt in the more recent past, and is much like many beach cities all over the world. I found it less distinctive than Essaouira.

2. Re: essaouira or agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:26 am, October 29, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: essaouira or agadir

Hi Andy, I went to Essaouira last Oct/Nov for 3 weeks followed by 2 days in Marrakhesh. It worked for me because I wanted to do some writing each day, and also spent time walking, horse riding, seeing the town, going to a dance show in an eve and going on trip from there. Lots of other things to do such as dune buggies, but if you like action all day, I think 10 days in Essaouira is a long time.

By the way, I stayed in Auberge Tangaro, it's about 3 miles out of town but an authentic Moroccan place and no trouble to get a taxi in (nice walk to the sand dunes and sea about 30min long through the golf course (and you can use the pool etc of the more expensive Mogador Golf and Spa Hotel.) See hotel on Trip Advisor and email Younes the owner.

By the way, don't get pulled into a guided tour of the back street workshops of Marrakhesh as I did with at friend - I kept telling her the price would turn out to be exhorbitant!

regards Hazel

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: essaouira or agadir

Welcome to the Moroccan forums andy2255. I agree with the replies above. Essaouira is a far more charming town than the bland new build of concrete resort of Agadir. Safi and El Jadida are also coastal towns worth a visit. However a day trip to the High Atlas location of Ouirgane may also suit you from Marrakech for contrast.- a trip into the High Atlas.

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: essaouira or agadir

hi thanks for your replies have decided 6 days in marrakech with a couple of trips then 8 days in essaouira cant wait will post how we get on thanks again

6. Re: essaouira or agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014