We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essaouira to Agadir

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Essaouira to Agadir

Hello, I need to get from Essaouira to Agadir in September, I know that Supratours have a daily bus but this (from what I have found in my research) leaves in the afternoon, which is an unconvenient time for me to travel, does anyone have any idea how much a taxi may cost for this journey and how booking one would work e.g. booking in advance/ going through private companies or just booking on the day?? Thankyou very much!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
618 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

If planning a private ride then you may consider booking in advance, otherwise you may just book on the day. cheers

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

Private companies will charge you a lot. Yes, you are corect in saying the Agadir-bound bus is in the afternoon, this being at 4:30pm.

Any Grand Taxi will take you but you must agree a rate. I reckon about 300-400Dh/€30-40 is about right. If you arrange this the day before, then the dirver will pick you up although the medina of Essaouira is inaccessible to vehicles so you have to agree a pick up point.

Hopefully you can speak French as few drivers will speak English, some will not even speak French but may pass you on to someone who does.

I use local grand taxis and manage reasonably well in spite of language differences.

A pen and paper will come in handy so the driver can write down the fare if communiaction is a problem.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

The fixed price rate for a grand taxi is 1000 dirhams ( I am in agadir at the moment and saw the tariffs yesterday), however that price can be shared by other people so you may be able to get it from 300 dirhams. Obviously you can barter the price too and get it cheaper. We ended up deciding on the bus.

4. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, August 24, 2012
Edited: 5:35 pm, August 24, 2012
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

1000Dh rate is for a driver to take you to Ess, wait a few hours for you to do your own thing and then bring you back to Agadir.

You would not pay 1000Dh for a one way trip either way with any taxi driver.

6. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

7. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

8. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

I'd like to get to Essaouira from Agadir, too - and preferably today as it's fairly overcast and cloudy... I have no idea where the bus station is though... Is it easy to find? Many thanks, Fi

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Essaouira to Agadir

Thanks for the multiple postings.

The bus station known as Gare Routierre is near Souk al Had.

It's too far to walk so get a petit taxi (the small orange ones you see around town). The fare should be about 15Dh give or take a few Dh.

From there you can either buy a ticket over the counter or from the Supratours office in the centre.

If you want to go now, you've missed the proverbial boat as the bus departs at 8:30am and there's only one each day.

You should now nip to the Supratours office at the far end, away from the centre, of Ave Hassan II where there is a small shopping area. Just ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction.

If you get a taxi now then you will arrive at about 6pm and have no alternative but to stay overnight in Essaouira. Not a bad thing I can assure you.

This article will explain what to do and where to go for tickets:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

Edited: 8:48 am, August 17, 2012