We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sidi Koki and your tips please

Folkestone
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sidi Koki and your tips please

Hi there

We are visiting Morocco for the first time from 30 September to 11 October this year and have got as far as booking flights and 5 nights in Marrakech from where we would like to do a trip to the mountains and maybe take a cooking class. Any tips on this please or must see in Marrakech?

Our plan from there is to get the bus to Essaouria and spend 6 nights exploring and relaxing there. Any tips for cheapish/good riads/hotels? I am looking on here. Ideally we would like something for about £200 for 6 nights.

Friends who have been to Essaouria have said go to Sidi Koki. They didn't go themselves but heard it was cool. I can't seem to find any information on tripadvisor or the web though...can anyone help. Have I got the name correct?

Lots of questions here - look forward to hearing your replies.

Sarah

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

Sidi Kaouki. Small, relaxed little village, popular with the beach crowd.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

Hi,

http://www.sidi-kaouki.com/

is a nice site with some videos. In Marrakech your hotel or Riad will help organise day trips/cooking for you and should be able to advise you on what's best to see and do (the Things To Do tab on the left of the page is useful too). A good guide book is also a help.

Have a look in the Hotels tab on the left as well and set your price parameters to narrow things down. You'll then get reviews from people who have taken the time to give their opinions and experience of places within your budget.

Essaouira is small and Sidi Kaouki even smaller so you can have a very relaxed time.

Folkestone
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

Bad spelling...thank you. Think day trip by bus to sidi kaouki is in order.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

I have just returned from a 3 week tour all around Morocco and we also visited Sidi Kaouki. This is a very tiny and quiet place. I would recommend it just for a day trip from Essaouira unless you want to be out in the wild with just one or two cafes. The beach is great and our best fish-lunch was at a tiny restaurant right by the beach driving "off road" down a track just before you get to Sidi Kaouki. You might need a 4x4 car for that. The owner is a scream, cooks a fab fish lunch, sells beer and is generally VERY relaxed. His dog is called Obama! We had a most fantastic afternoon in this place. Highly recommend it if you like a quiet place right on the water's edge!

Folkestone
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

That sounds like our kind of place Bellydancer28. Do you have the name of the restaurant? I don't think we will have the resources to hire a 4x4 while we are there - this time - maybe next time - but may have to find in on foot...

Sarah

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

Sorry, I can't remember the name. It is just north of Sidi Kaouki, driving back towards Essaouira. You need to come off the main road going down a dirt track. Some of the Riad owners in Essaouria know this place and can direct you to it. Good luck!

Essaouira
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

Hi There, We ate at the restaurant on the beach north of Sidi Kaouki when we first visited Essaouira five years ago, and had a lovely fish lunch.

We now live in Essaouira and walk with a friend and her dogs along the beach at Sidi Kaouki often passing the restaurant. The Kaouki bus from Essaouira terminates in front of the beach, so just turn right and walk along the beach perhaps 15/20 mins. you cant miss it, its very rustic and the dogs will come out to greet you. Im sure you will have a great time in Morocco

8. Re: Sidi Koki and your tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 15, 2013