We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurant Recommendations

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurant Recommendations

I've just spent a few days in Essaouria and i was pleasantly surprised. It was a lovely place, very laid back but after spending a few weeks in the countryside the level of harassment took a bit to get used to!

I have 2 restaurant recommendations that I thought I would share as I also ate lots of awful food while I was there!

The first is one called Il Mare which is a seafood restaurant overlooking the fort, sorry I don't have the address but it's down the end of an alley! There were about 10 of us eating there and not one of us was disappointed. It is a little pricey compared to Moroccan prices but well worth it for something different.

The other is a tiny little restaurant called Le Decouverte, it's run by a French couple who also do eco-tourism tours around the area. They were both really lovely and the menu was small but full of variety and it also has a specials menu that changes daily. The address is 8 Bis, rue Houmman, El Fatouaki.

Hope this helps someone!

1. Re: Good Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, October 26, 2012