We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

My wife and I will be staying in Essaouira on Thurs 15 Dec and have to take a flight from Agadir airport on the following Saturday at around 6pm.

No buses seem to set off from Essaouira in time for us to make the airport and I'd rather not stay in Agadir on Friday night, as a) I've heard it's a hole and b) if Essaouira is good enough for Jimi Hendrix, then it's certainly good enough for me.

Anyone know how much a taxi (petit, I suppose) from Essaouira to Agadir airport would be?

Marrakech, Morocco
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

Hi, Transfer from Essaouira to Agadir is 120€. Grand - taxi (petit ).

Agadir
Level Contributor
11 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

Not long ago someone offered to drive me to Essaouira and back to Agadir for 600 dirhams, that is about 55 Euros. Make enquiries once you arrive in Essaouira, but after you make some local friends. I am sorry you have such information about Agadir. It is certainly different to Essaouira however it has much to offer. I cannot make suggestions as I don't know what your interest are, but I will give you just two examples. The weather is miles better than in Essaouira. It has a wonderful beach promenade and is full of life. Its souq is one of the best in the country. There are many restaurants, night clubs, port restaurants. it will certainly fill a day for any taste.

MARNATE
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

Ciao,

I have the same problem - we are two persons and we have to go Al Massira airport from Essaouira - How much cost a taxi for this trip? If i understand it is not sure !!!!! 120 € or 55 € ? For every person or for the total taxi? escuse my bad english!

E' molto importante capire per il mio budget - Ho il volo dall'aeroiporto di Agadir per Malpensa alle 14.40 e non credo ci siano altre soluzioni x raggiungerlo perche' gli autobus hanno orari incompatibili e mi sembra di capire facciano solo una corsa al giorno.

Grazie per la risposta

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

I have just done this journey alone. The only way I found was a grand taxi into Agadir to the gare routiere then wait for a communal grand taxi. I waited an hour then we were seven in a Mercedes; Uncomfortable but cheap _70 dirhams_and quite quick. I am going to return with the bus a day early though and stay overnight in Agadir to be sure of my flight home. I am told that it is better to use Marrakesh as the gateway to Essaouaira.

5. Re: Taxi or other transport from Essaouira to Agadir airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 am, February 07, 2012