We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Hi there!

I'm looking for advice on beautiful locations to stage a photo shoot. I'm a makeup artist and I'm planning a trip to Morocco with a group of my work collegues (photographer, stylist, hair stylist) to get some really interesting work to bring back home... We're looking to spend a week in Morocco, traveling around a little and doing some fashion shoots in different interesting locations. I was in Agadir and Marakech recently and have done a bit of research so the plan is to fly into Agadir (because its cheap) spend some time in Essaouira and then maybe Taroudant or Tiznit.. We want variety in our shots so maybe 3 different locations, a Riad, a Medina and a beach? or somewhere in the Atlas Mountains??

I'd also love some advice on finding modelling agencies in Morocco.. There seems to be a more "westernised" modelling industry in Casablanca.. Does anyone have any tips on this?

Cheers!

Kate

NZ
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Essaouria would be perfect for a lot of this. Big contrasts with blue boats, sunsets, camels (not deserts but camels all the same) and a small and compact Medina which is easy to get around in.

Try the Riad Mimouna - it has big windows (and a rooftop) which looks out on the small rocky promentaries in the sea . If the sea is rough it makes for a dramatic background set against luxury and elegance of the internal courtyard. (the photos on their website are not great though and don't do it justice)

One of the Argan oil cooperatives may make an interesting background - goats, people, product etc etc.

Are you using your own model or do you want to locate one in Morocco - European or local?

Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Hi there, thank you so much for the help!

I had a look at Riad Mimouna, Its really beautiful... Can you think of any Riad's that have a really traditional Moroccan interior? Even 5 star kinda places... I'm thinking lots of tiles, and arch ways, metal doors, lanterns, fountains, linen tents on the terrace etc...

We want to find a few models to work with, maybe 3, for different shoots... As far as ethnicity goes, we really don't mind. They can be Moroccan, African or European looking. We want someone who is of a professional international standard. They will need to have experience and not have issues with western clothing etc... Ideally, I'd like to find a few agencies that I can talk to and have a look at the models on their books...

Do you think we might encounter any problems with shooting out and about... Will the model get any hassle from passers by? The plan is to talk to anyone involved (like the stall owners in the souk) and maybe pay them a little for their trouble!

Thanks again for the help!

Kate

NZ
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Please check Pms.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Let me try understand your mission.

You are a make-up artist, looking for professional models in Morocco, and locations for shooting. You have been to Morocco earlier on, to find suitable places.

As far as I know, models tariffs maybe high, and in terms of accomplishing your mission, you should have all the above requirements ready, prior to starting your work. One week is not a long time for photoshooting, and the weather conditions must be taken into consideration (possible rain, extreme heat, which makes shooting bad during midday etc).

You must make a tight schedule, find your models at the right time/place.

In Marrakech, and Taroudannt there is no beach. For that you must either go to Essaouira or Tiznit coastline. Agadir does not offer much of originality.

Why not try Draa Valley ? Something different from the usual Essaouira scenery.

Tangier, Morocco
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

Hi,

You can contact seven seas travel at: contact@sevenseastravel.ma. website: www.sevenseastravel.ma.

Have a nice photo shooting in Morocco

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

purekatearama...

oh, riad chbanate is perfect for you. check out the website. we stayed there, and the owner, jean, is a perfectionist. the riad is decked out with the most beautiful moroccan items...he has a mirror and chest in the dining room, that are out of this world. i wanted to take everything off the walls, and take it home!!!

jean and his wife have done an incredible job here. let me know what you think of the website.

http://www.hotel-riad-essaouira.com/

7. Re: Interesting locations for a photo shoot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira