We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Agadir transfer

Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Agadir transfer

Hi, urgently help please.

Currently in essaouira but flying out of agadir airport on Sunday 18th July late morning. Our hotel says a taxi through them will cost 1000 dms.(£100)

Any know a cheaper place as there only seems to be pitot taxis in town.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Agadir transfer

I'm afraid a taxi is the only option early in the morning; the Supratours bus does not depart Ess until 4:30pm.

The rate quoted is excessive and should be half. Some taxi drivers will speak French which helps if you also do but if not then ask one of the workers in the hotel to negotiate with a driver and give him a consideration (40-50Dh) for him efforts.

BTW - 1000Dh is currently £75.00 and is a standard rate for a round trip between Agadir and Ess with the driver waiting for you.

Best wishes

Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Agadir transfer

I was wrong, they actually charge 1400 in our hotel (atlas). Which is not the type of hotel with English speaking dodgy staff.

Looks like our taxi will cost more than the flight home.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Agadir transfer

It will not be so difficult to find someone who speaks English.

The local cafe, restaurant or the guy wh hassle you to be your guide for example but you will not have to pay the going rate, like I said you can get it for less if you ask.

4. Re: Help! Agadir transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 13, 2011