We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South London
4 posts
Save Topic
Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

I am taking my 14 yr old daughter to Essaouira for a week on my own.

Please could someone let me know of things we may do together. The sorts of things we are looking at booking (pre-booking if possible) are camel rides/treks, quad biking, water skiing or windsurfing, snorkling, desert trips.

If anyone has any recommendations (with approx costs & contact details) please pass them on.

Thank you!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

Lots of backstreets to explore within the medina but nothing on the outside. Skip Diabat as this is disappointing.

Local bus to Sidi Kaouki, a town about 20-30 minutes away.

Take wind-surfing lessons from one of the beach front training "schools".

Go on a half-day cooking course.

I don't see many camels in the area but maybe in peak season this is different (I only go for winter sun).

At the port is a small office offering navigation of the two small islands just of the coast. If it is open you can choose to go (subject to demand) on the tourist boat or on a small fishing boat.

Desert is too far away and I don't believe quad biking is done here. thankfully I must add.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

We did see a couple of camels obviously meant for tourism purposes at the far end of the beach, not much of an "authentic" experience I think but at least it's an option! Lots of kitesurfing too. I didn't get a chance to see any of the argan oil co-ops in the area but might be interesting as well. The best part is really just exploring the medina and practicing your haggling skills, I think!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

Hi,

There are lots of camels and also horse riding opportunities at the far end of the beach. Camel touts roam the beach closer to town so negociate a price, organise a time and go.

Edited: 6:57 pm, June 26, 2010
Detroit
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

I can't imagine snorkeling would be any good there since the water's not that clear. I didn't see operations for windsurfing, waterskiing, ect. but I wasn't looking for them either.

5. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:14 am, July 26, 2010
6. Re: Things to do with a 14 yr old in Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2010