We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air mauritius and upgrades?

Which Pointe Aux Piments hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
air mauritius and upgrades?

hi,

can anybody who has been to mauritius with air mauritius give me their views and if anybody upgraded to business class,how much was it and was it worth doing and how did you go about doing it,at airport or travel agent ect?

thanks for any replies

we are going mid oct

zepp

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,514 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hi Zepp,

Look at www.airlinequality.com

They have reviews on various airlines.

Also www.airmauritius.com

I havent travelled biz with AM but have flown with them quite a lot over the years and standards and comfort have dropped in the past few years with the introduction of the new Airbus. IFE is AVOD though and up to date. Food not great. Cabin crew depends on their mood, but I always find them OK. Drinks freely available thoughout the flight.

May be worth upgrading to biz. Try putting the subject into the search box and see if you get any results, as I know its been discussed before on the forum.

You usually upgrade on booking the trip or flight.

Air Mauritius never gives free upgrades.

Regards,

Bronia :)

UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hi Zepp

We flew Business AM last year and I thought it was wonderful. Can't remember how much more we paid sorry, but it deed seem alot at time of booking, but when you are actually on the plane it is all worth it!! Film choice is quite poor I think compared to BA & Virgin,but food and drinks excellent quality. Chairs shift into full length for sleep but the foot end does not come up high enough to be completely horizontal. I like the 'new' colours of the fleet - business is orange and is very refreshing. All in all money well worth spent!

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Has anyone ever been able to upgrade at check in ?

Regard Denise

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,514 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Denise,

Yes you can uprgrade at check in subject to availabilty. See their website:

www.airmauritius.com

Cheers,

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hi Brona thanks for the reply, will see what the journey from Singapore to Mauritius is like, if very uncomfortable may try to upgrade on the return leg to the UK, could i try and upgrade whilst in Resort ? Many Thamks

Denise

Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hello,

I went from Milan to Mauritius this August flying in Economy Class with Air Mauritius.

I was a bit worried after I read the terrible reviews on them on www.airlinequality.com

well, though they are not like Ba or SouthAfrican Airlines, I have to say my experience is not that bad.

Both the flights were perfectly on time, space between the seats was on avarage - a part from when the seat in front of you reclines.. - food ok, AVOD only in English or French with English subtitiles, but I could manage on both flights to find at least a movie that suited me, crew quite ok, nothing to complain..

so, I don't know if I'd spend all that money to upgrade..I'd spend that money on staying a week more in Mauritius!

Enjoy!

Marty

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

thanks for all replys,but am still trying to get rough idea of price of upgrading.

zepp

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,514 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hi Zepp,

Have you tried emailing Air Mauritius? The London contact site is on their webiste. They are very good usually in getting back to you.

Cheers,

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

ok bronia

thanks

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,453 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: air mauritius and upgrades?

Hi Zepp

I enquired on the Air Mauritius website and an upgrade to Business Class looked like about £900/£1000 each return.

Mazza :-)