We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter

Which Flic En Flac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
helicopter

Hi there. Would def recommend the helicopter tour. We went on the hour long one where we saw the whole Island and also stopped off at the Airport for coffee while they refueled. It is worth the money and if there is anything specific you want to seee theyll head there no problem. We were going to do the heli lunch but for the price (which didnt actually include any lunch) we didnt bother in the end.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter

Hi there,

That sounds great. My sister is hoping to do something like that for her honeymoon. Can you tell me how much it cost per person please?

scotland
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter

We were at the Heritage Golf & Spa in July for my 50th, did the half hour helicopter flight round the south of the island highly recommend. There were four of us and it cost £260.00 for the half hour. Left from the Chateau flew over the Black gorge upto the centre of the island to Cupipe down the coast flew over la Morne over the falls at the seven colours finished with a fly past the Hertiage round the golf course and back to the Chateau fantastic!!! What a way to see Mauritius.

Johhaze

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter

Hi Poshbird2. Did you book that flight with the Heritage resort or elsewhere?? We're going there soon and would be interested. I'm also keen to try and do the swim with the dolphins and wonder if you know if it is possible to book that via the hotel or elsewhere? thanks

scotland
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: helicopter

SusieG

Booked the helicopter through the Kuoni rep. The trip with the dolphins can be booked through the rep but when we were there a couple we got friendly with booked the dolphin trip with one of the guys on the beach and said it was fantastic, sorry don't know anything re-cost etc.

poshbird2

Nottingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: helicopter

The helicopter is amazing, I went with my fiancee on valentines day and it was breathtaking.

I'm not convinced about the dolphin trips if I'm honest. I know many people who have gone and have complained they didn't see any, and it can be a bit hit and miss.

funnily enough the only time I've ever seen Dolphins before in open waters (as opposed to a zoo somewhere) was on my way to Ilot Gabriel from Grand Baie. The complete opposite side of the island to where they are found, apparently.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: helicopter

We did both the helicopter trip and the swim with dolphins when we stayed at the Heritage in June. We booked both of these with the local rep (Mauri Tours) that was supplied by our tour operator. Both of these were fantastic. Swimming with the dolphins was such an amazing experience. We took the more "romantic" option of just the two of us rather than go as a big group and I think it made a big difference. Our speedboat driver and our dolphin spotter were brilliant and just getting into the water with the dolphins was such a rush. If memory serves me correct it cost €120 for swimming with dolphins.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: helicopter

Thanks for the info on the dolphin swim. The charge of 120 Euros - was that for the two of you or 120 Euros each?

8. Re: helicopter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 27, 2009