We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Hotel

hampshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which Hotel

What hotel is the nicest. Looking to go to Mauritus next year but can not decide on hotel. We have been before but hotel was very bad (The Maritim) We are thinking about Lux Gran Graube or Sugar Beach. Do any of these hotels hold big parties of people say 50 plus that book out every thing. We also like good food and beach. At the moment the only thing thing puts me off Sugar Beach is the Sun beds on the beach they look very old. Thankyou Daisy.

Sundivers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Taxi a Maurice
Swim with Dolphins, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which Hotel

Hi Daisy,

You say Maritim was very bad, can I ask why? I have stayed here & its great value and a good solid hotel.

Sugar beach i also like this hotel, can't comment on the sunbeds - because I havent stayed for 2 years.

Lux Grand Gaube I also personally like this hotel.

All hotels will hold large weddings/Parties, some will book exclusivity of a whole restaurant for their evening meal, its normally Indian weddings that do this.

Are you looking for All Inclusive or Half Board?

Trou Aux Biches hotel is very nice & certainly a class above Maritim, although more expensive, it also doesnt do AI, but a good FB Plus with drinks at meal times.

hampshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which Hotel

Hi, Well what can i say about the Maritim Hotel? We had food poisioning along with afew other guests. The manager said we got it from the BA Flight two day earlier. 150 russians turned up all at once in one party they took over the whole hotel. They were drunk and loud every evening. Even to the fact that they jumped into the pool fully clothed. Food choices not good could not even get a bowl of soup. Staff rude.

3. Re: which Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014