We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort to stay in Mauritius in April/May

Which Flic En Flac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best resort to stay in Mauritius in April/May

Hi all,

I am looking at my honeymoon in mauritus this year end of April/early May.

We are looking at resorts on the east coast but am a bit put off my mentions of wind - we like relaxing on the beach alot!

Could you reccomend the best resorts on the island or remove any fears of wind on the east coast!!??

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,715 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort to stay in Mauritius in April/May

At that time of the year location is not an issue. Belle Mare is one of the best beaches in the island. Take a look at Belle Mare Plage, Tousserok, Prince Maurice.

If you go the the North West, consider Oberoi, Trou aux Biches.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,501 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort to stay in Mauritius in April/May

We stayed at Belle Mare Plage on the east coast in May and the wind wasnt an issue at all and we loved the resort.

As Preston says, Belle Mare is one of the best beaches in Mauritius - it was voted 6th best beach in Africa last year on TA.

So look at Belle Mare Plage, Prince Maurice, LuxBelleMare and Touessrok.

Bronia :)

3. Re: Best resort to stay in Mauritius in April/May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, January 06, 2014