We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Tamarin area

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Tamarin area

Hi! We are staying this New Year time for 3 weeks in Tamarin area in a beach-side house near Tamarina Hotel on the other side of the river from tamarin village itself. Sure we have to do regulary some shopping for food and other things. I had found Barrachois Shopping Center, London Way Spermarkets and Russeau Creole. Which one is better and work for longer hours, can somebody give some advice?

It would be also great to know are there some fruits and vegetables shop in Tamarin or market where fresh fruits and vegetables could be bought and with a good choice?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,472 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

Hi - we visited London Way and Russeau Creole last year while staying at Le Morne. London Way is a supermarket where the locals shop for food etc whereas R C is more of an upmarket mall with gift shops and clothing outlets. We stocked up on our favourite Mauritian tea and rum at London Way and had a good walk around it - you'll find everything that you need for self catering there. I'm afraid I don't know Barrachois Shopping Centre at all.

Enjoy your stay.

Regards

Dee

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

New Pick'nPay opened recently at Cascavelle around a 10/15 minute drive if you have access to a car.

Bronia

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

Sure we have a car as this place is outside the main road. It's near Safari park as far as I understand? Many thanks.

Moscow
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

Many thanks, we mostly need absic things like mineral water, tea, etc. If you remember - do they have a good selection of fruits/vegetables? Eating only pre-fabricated food in the tropics would be silly:)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

New shopping mall called Cascavelle at Cascavelle near the petrol station and near to Casela, yes! Pick'nPay is one of two new South African owned hypermarkets to open (the other at the new Bagatelle off the motorway near Moka)

They are very good with great choice. I first came across them in Durban.

Bronia :)

6. Re: Shopping in Tamarin area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 15, 2012