We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Pirogue

LONDON
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
La Pirogue

Hi I am staying at la pirogue next week on half board basis can anyone tell me if I can use all of the resturants at the hotel or are some chargeable.Also there is a shop across form the hotel how mauch are beers and wine ???

La Pirogue Mauritius
La Pirogue Mauritius
#1 of 18 hotels in Flic En Flac
Sands Suites Resort & Spa
Sands Suites Resort & Spa
#2 of 18 hotels in Flic En Flac
Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
#3 of 18 hotels in Flic En Flac
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,545 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Pirogue

Closest shops are a bit of a walk but bus stop close by.

You can also access Sugar Beach facilities, including some restaurants though not sure of supplements. Most hotels give credits towards their a la carte restaurants, so no I think you need to contact the hotel and ask them which ones you can use without charge.

Wine and beer arent cheap. Average price for a 180ml glass of chilean chardonnay and a phoenix beer and water is 488 rupees, maybe less depending on hotel.

You are looking at 270 for a glass of chilean wine and a bit less for South African.

A bottle of South African wine at the Spar will be the same price as a glass. We compromise and stock the minibar with our own drinks but also have a glass or two at dinner.

You are on holiday and its what you would pay in a 5* hotel in London.

For contact details of LP and SB see

www.lapirogue.com

www.sugarbeachresort.com

Regards

Bronia :)

Edited: 7:24 am, May 14, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Sugar Beach Mauritius
Sugar Beach Mauritius
3,580 Reviews
Mauritius
LONDON
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Pirogue

Thanks for your help.at the shop are is the wine and beer is obviously cheaper than the hotel (hopefully) what sort of prices are they

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,545 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Pirogue

Just ask the staff to empty your minibar, no problem and use if for your own drinks.

Average price of wine and beer in the supermarkets like Spar is same as UK. The local award winning phoenix beer is very good my DH assures me. South African wines are the cheapest, French not always the best, good Australian and Chilean wines. You can also get locally bottled wine which isnt bad but I prefer imported.

You get lots of offers like we do, which are worth looking at.

Anything upwards of a cheap £6 bottle should be fine.

You can get a six pack 1.5 litre of water for the same price you would pay for one bottle in the hotel.

We just stayed at BMP and water was complimentary though we bought our own too.

Grab a cab and head for the Spar.

Cheers and have a lovely holiday,

LP is a lovely hotel.

Bronia :-)

LONDON
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Pirogue

Thanks very much i will try

5. Re: La Pirogue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 11, 2010