We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wetsuits ?

Which Flic En Flac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
12 posts
Save Topic
Wetsuits ?

OK...this might seem a stupid question but for a family that are used to summer holidays in the Scilly Isles this is a serious question (!). We're going over for a holiday in 2 weeks time and want to try a lot of the watersports. Should we need wetsuits or is the water warm enough ?

ps I'm guessing the 'lions and cheetahs' trip is a must for an animal loving 7 year old ?!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wetsuits ?

Hi there

You most certainly won't need wetsuits for normal everyday watersports. The sea is wonderfully warm. I hate cold water and never venture into the sea (or our swimming pool) in Cape Town, but I couldn't keep out of the water in Maurtius. Spent hours snorkelling on the reefs and never ever felt cold.

Have a fabulous holiday. We booked this week for our second trip in April next year. I can't wait!!!!!

Regards

Dee

Perth
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wetsuits ?

Hi

Normally the water is warm here in Mauritius

With regards to Lions Trips:-

if you want to do observation then that is open to all, but the Interaction and walk with lions as you said you are 7 yrs old so so your height must 1 m30 for cheetahs and 1m50 for lions not less than that

If ever you are less then only the staff of safari adventures can authorize visitors of less then 1m 50

Cheers

AZ

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,394 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wetsuits ?

No wetsuits required unless you wish to do diving and then the dive operator will provide it.

You can do snorkling and its worth bringing your own snorkel and mask.

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wetsuits ?

Thanks for the feedback .... can't wait (and nor can our boys who've just seen some photos of the island !)

5. Re: Wetsuits ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 03, 2010