We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flic en flac

australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Flic en flac

est place to stay in mauritius.

We are anAustralian familly - we stayed in Mauritius on the way to and from London.

Flic en Flac is the best public beach on the island.

Best value acommodation

http://www.bluewatervilla.com

fantastic location - huge rooms - friendly staff-and cheap!

forget about the resorts - over rated and all beach space on the island is public - close to facilities-bus at door- blue water villas makes grande baie look cheap at less than 1/2 the price

Cape Town
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flic en flac

Hi

We walked past the Blue water villa on the way to the Spar a few times when we stayed at The Sofitel Imperial, cant say I'd rush out to book..

I do agree that the beach in the flic en flac region is very nice, but, a holiday is a time for break away. I want to walk out from my room to the beach, if I am going to spend money on a trip, then it must be worth while.

No point in going to a pasadise like Mauritius and doing it budget, all or nothing as far as I am concerned.

If memory serves me correctly, Blue Water Villas is right oposite the public beach and bus park, loads of noise from there at night when the locals live it up! The best beach in that region is around Sugar beach, Hilton, and Sofitel, thats quite a walk from the public beach.

P