We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when is the best time to book ????

England, United...
Level Contributor
922 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
when is the best time to book ????

is it best to wait until jan to book flights and sugar beach ??? i booked up in may and it was £550 for the flight .

Scuba & Snorkeling
Taxi a Maurice
Swim with Dolphins, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when is the best time to book ????

Hi Ann

That's almost impossible to answer, flight prices can go up or down. I assume from what you are saying that you are not getting quotes for flying next year for the same amount?

We made big error with flights to Australia in February this year, we booked when flights prices were rising last year and fuel supplements were being added daily and then they sunk like a brick, we could have got the same flights £200/£300 cheaper each in the end but I guess it could have gone the other way. Prices and circumstances are different now though and my advice would be if you think you have a good deal then book it.

I started doing my research for our return to Mauritius in 2010 a few months ago, looked at flights so have seen that prices do change according to when you want to go and how far in advance so got an idea of the "trend". Who are you flying with? We fly from Manchester and I guess as you are living in Newcastle maybe Emirates? I didn't get a quote for anything below £606, don't know if that helps.

I have now booked Mauritius for next June and I have no idea whether by hanging on I could get it cheaper nearer the time but I get to fly on the day I want and am happy that I'm paying only a little more than this year for same package.

Best wishes

Mazza :-)

2. Re: when is the best time to book ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 25, 2010
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now