We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Which Flic En Flac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Hi

My husband and I are due to arrival into mauritius on Saturday 26 September for 10 days to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, can anyone tell me what the weather has been like over the past couple of weeks and what the expected weather is like for our stay?

Also could anyone recommend any trips etc for my husband and I, does mauritius have a waterpark at all?

Thanks for the help

London, U.K
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

I came back from Mauritius yesterday after a one week stay and i must say i found the weather was really good 5 days of sunshine , 1 cloudy day no rain. it rained twice in the entire 2 days and each time no more than 15 mins. i must say that this was on the east coast of the island. Having said this you can never predict what will happen in the future but if the weather remains as i experienced you will be fine.

If your staying on the east coast i would recommend a trip to ile aux cerfs which is an island just of the east coast - 15 minute speedboat ride from the mainland - the lagoon and clear waters are amazing !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Hi

Thank you all for your comments and information which have been a great help, it sounds all in all the weather we anticipate, so hopefully there is some sunshine most days for our sunbathing!! We are staying on the west coast at Sugar Beach Resort, the reviews on the trip advisor for this hotel are great, so i am sure we will have a fantasic time,

Thanks again

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,100 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Hi

I've just heard from a friend who is currently on holiday in Mauritius staying on the East coast.

The weather is mixed, sunshine and a few light showers but plenty of opportunity for sunbed and swimming etc.

Oh yes and they are having a fantastic time!!!

Mazza :-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Hi

Thanks again for all your help and info, one more thing i wanted to ask was do we need to take a worldwide travel adaptor or would is the hotels take Uk appliances, I know that when we stayed in hotels in dubai we didnt need one?

Thanks again, i cant wait for our hol now.

:-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,631 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Beachbabe,

Plugs are British Standard thee pin square so no need for adaptor.

Have a lovely holiday and Wedding Anniversary and tell us all about it when you return!

Best Wishes,

Bronia :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,631 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Three pin! My "R" is sticking again!

Bronia :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

Hi

Thank for you for the information, one less thing to get then!!

Thanks for your kind comments, I will defo let everyone know how we get on, only four days to go cant wait!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

http://metservice.intnet.mu

19. Re: Weather and things to do/sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 21, 2010