We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average cost of a bottle of wine in main hotels?

Leeds
13 posts
Save Topic
Average cost of a bottle of wine in main hotels?

Considering a holiday in either Hilton or Legends next summer, but have been warned about high cost of wine in hotels. Can anyone provide a cost per bottle of house wine?

Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Average cost of a bottle of wine in main hotels?

I have been looking at these forums for what feels like months now and from what I have read both Hilton and Legends are lovely hotels. However, the Hilton only does half board and although I do not know the cost of drinks, I gather it is quite expensive. Legends on the other hand does a great all inclusive package and I haven’t seen a bad word said about this hotel. I will be booking my wedding and honeymoon in the next few weeks and have definitely decided to go to Legends for the honeymoon part due to the fabulous reviews.

Kent. England
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Average cost of a bottle of wine in main hotels?

Have just come back from Mauritius, we had a bottle of wine with our meal in the hotel and although we picked one that would have cost about 6-7 pounds in the UK, it cost us 30 pound (we had not been warned). If you are going to drink it is best to choose local drinks, as anything they have to import is expensive.

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Average cost of a bottle of wine in main hotels?

Hi there. The cost of wine is no more than other Indian Ocean locations, or indeed the Far East. We reckon to add an average of £80 a day to our half board cost - so that includes a bottle of wine, our lunch (simple salad/sandwich), maybe a couple of beers and a couple of cocktails.

I hope that helps.