We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best@travel

chelmsford, essex...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best@travel

Hi all,

I have booked the sands resort for 14 days in April from the agents best@travel.

I have been trying to call the sands hotel to confirm my booking before i pay for the hoilday but cannot reach them, they also do not reply to my emails.

Anyone able to confirm if best@travel are ok and know of a number that works for the sands hotel?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: best@travel

Forgot to say that is this May and not next.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,390 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: best@travel

Hi Sammy,

Well done! That sounds about right. What I was looking at was your point that some came in at over £4000 pp more. so that was not Mercury? Mind telling us who it was if you can remember?

We will be there in May too. Counting the weeks now!

Best wishes,

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,390 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: best@travel

Sammy,

Sorry! Misquoted you. Mean £400 not £4000 pp per night obviously!

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,390 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: best@travel

Sammy,

Apologies again. Brain and laptop out of synch today. £400 pp no £400 pp per night!!!!!!

I apologize profusely for my idiocy.

Bronia

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: best@travel

Hi Bronia, yes I did mean an extra £400 pp, therefore an extra £800 per couple. To be honest I really cannot remember who this was with. I have seriously abused the internet over the past month or so looking for our holiday!! I do recall it wasn't Mercury though. Can give you another example, have just checked dream they are offering 11 nights HB for two people at The Sands in an Ocean suite for £5734 total, Best appear to offer exactly the same for £4765, I entered the same details for both! Maybe there are some other differences which are not apparent on their websites. I'm no expert but to me it looks as though it def pays to shop around.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,390 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: best@travel

Sammy,

Thats right. Spend ages on net when booking flights and hotels separate, comparing hotels, airlines. Gets to be a nightmare, and a whole day just flies by!

Well done, you got a good deal.

Now roll on May! Might see your there!

Happy Hols,

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,390 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: best@travel

bump

UK
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: best@travel

Best@travel

I had not heard of this company before my boyfriend kindly booked us a trip to New York with them.

In a world of choice for consumers, it is important that a travel company is customer focussed, and with Best@travel unfortunately I have not found this to be the case. You only learn how good or bad a company when you need them, and knowing what I know now, I will not be using them or recommending them.

We experienced numerous issues with unconfirmed hotel and being unable to check in online for our flight. This was due to my Best@travel booking reference referring to a group of 10 people not just myself and my boyfriend!

So, I called Best@travel for help and to obtain the necessary info only to be faced with a very rude lady who wrapped up the conversation by raising her voice to me and then placing me on hold before I could respond. My advice to Best@travel is to employ agents who have been trained to talk to their customers and remember that holidays are often very important to each individual, and should be handled as such.

39. Re: best@travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:25 am, December 03, 2008
uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: best@travel

I can not recomend best@travel also, they are happy to to take your money, but are just not there for you if things go wrong ,especialy when it is their fault !! ie flights,