We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

I would be interested to speak to you as there is a few questions I have and things I think would be best answered by someone who has done it before!

If you have please email me s_a_o69@hotmail.com

Many Many Thanks!

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Hi Super Shell,

I married at the Beau Rivage in June this year.

Tried to email you but keeps failing but if you have any questions then post them on here and I will try and answer them for you.

Kindest regards

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Not sure why they are bouncing back!

I wanted to know how much money you took with you and how long you was there for - did you pay your bill on check out if so how?

Did you have guests at your wedding? What did you do after the wedding was over?

What was it like?

Oh I have lots!

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

HI Super Shell,

When we got married we had 8 guests come to our wedding. They stayed at a nearby hotel and got a taxi to the Beau Rivage on the morning of the wedding.

We advised the concierge and the wedding coordinator Jennifer of this before hand and then when all of our family arrived they took them into the recption area and provided complimentary drinks for everybody.

They also arranged a room for all the men to go and get ready in and then all of us women went back to my room where we all got ready. we had the wedding at about 2pm in the gazebo (other locations at the hotel are available though) The ceremony lasted about 45 minutes from here we then went and had our photos taken in various locations such as the gardens and beach. From here we had pre booked for all of us to have champagne, wine beer and canapes in another little gazebo they set up for us in the grounds.

Everything worked out perfectly as in here we cut the cake and all had a piece of cake and toasted with the champagne. We stayed in the gazebo for a good couple of hours eating the canapes and having other drinks which we had organised, then as it started to get dark we moved into the monsoon bar where we had further drinks and nibbles before our evening meal.

Obviously all of the above was extra cost to the wedding package but in my opinion is well worth the extra as they provided us with staff to serve all the drinks and it filled the gap between the wedding and the evening meal.

Regarding paying for things we took some Mauritian Rupees with us to pay for things outside of the hotel such as any trips, car hire etc that we did. For everything else such as the wedding the all of the drinks and meals etc that we paid extra for when we were staying at the hotel they put on a tab for you and at the end of your stay you can just pay using a credit/ or debit card.

If there is anything else I have not covered or any other questions just let me know.

Regards Kelly

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Hi Thanks for your reply...

Im really stressing about taking everything out there - it is hard enough to pack for a 2 week holiday let alone a 2 week holiday and wedding! I was taking my dress on board in a box as hand luggage but with the current hand luggage restrictions I am even more worried than before!

I dont think I will be able to get all i need out there!

What did you do?

Also can you give me a figure in regards to what you took or what you think we will need for the wedding and 2 weeks being there? We are having great trouble with this. We want to take enough but if we can ease up on the mad saving that would be nice! We was thinking £2000 for the both of us. Thats for wedding photos, trips, dinner and snacks and drinks etc?

Umm what else? Was you hot getting married at 2pm? I was going to have my hair down but after the recent hot weather here I am dreading getting married in the heat! I am deff having my hair up!

Did you take maleria tablets?

Did you need those water shoes for the sea?

No doubt I will think of some more!

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Hi Super Shell,

We took £500 worth of rupees and £300 worth of travellers cheques which we did have to change up once we had ran out of the cash.

Our wedding package was included in our holiday price so extras we had to pay for the wedding were the boquet and buttonholes, then I had my boquet pressed which I paid extra for. I also had a body massage manicure and pedicure on the morning of the wedding which was extra and had fresh flowers put in my hair ( I had my hair down though with just the front section brought to teh back and held in with the flowers that were on a clip). We also paid extra for the meal on the night of the wedding for us and our guests from a menu which we selected. The drinks and canapes between the wedding and the evenign meal were all extra and there are several packages you can choose from for this. The hotel press your wedding outfits for you complimentary so don't worry to much if it gets creased on the plane.

With all these extras for thh wedding, drinks and extra meal suplements for the other restaurants we had to put an extra £1400 onto our card. The most expensive thing at the hotel as you have probably heard from other reviews are the drinks especailly the wine however it is comparable to any good restaurant in this country really and as you are on holiday and as it is such a special one you dont really seem to mind as much.

When we travelled I got one of the really nice wedding box holders to take my dress in and took it on the plane with me but how things are at the moment you may be made to put in the hold.

It was a really hot day when we got married however none of us at any point got to hot the men who were in suits were all OK

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Sorry for the other questions I forgot to answer to no I didnt take any malaria tablets or have any jabs and for the whole 2 weeks we were out there none of us got bitten, and normally I am always the one that seems to get bit so that is really good.

I did take pluga and sprays with me but never really needed them as the hotel sprays the hotel every night and have the candles on the tables to keep the mozies away as well.

The sea is lovely and clear so you can see where you are walking anyway so had no problem there either.

Trust me you will have a brilliant time I would go back tomorrow if I could!!!

Kelly

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Ahhh Kelly thanks so much!

You have put my mind to rest!

I have bought one of those wedding dress boxes - hoping i can still use it or it was a waste of money! Hopefully things chill out a bit closer to Nov!

We have a few things in the package but flowers, hair, photos etc will be added there.

We are going just us so we shouldnt spend as much as you but I think we should be ok with £2000 as planned.

I dont drink so i suppose that will save a bit! I dont want to scrimp on anything and also want massages etc so should be all ok!

We have had jabs as they were free and we thoguht why not but I dont want to have to take maleria tabs as they make you sick so thanks for that!

Even more excited now! 3 months and 1 day! Wooooo!

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

I am glad I can provide you with some info as these are all the questions and worries I had before we went put the reviews before we went didnt really give us the info we required.

I forgot to mention in my wedding extras cost about the photos and videos as we also paid extra for these and the quality is really good.

the video is a bit cheesy in places but really lovely to keep and show everybody who couldn't attand the wedding when you get home.

The guy who did the photos and video also gives you teh option to have your photos put on a disc and to have a DVD of the wedding as well again slightly extra cost bdut worth it as you get more footage on the DVD and on the disc then you do than on the video etc.

I was like you counting down the days, hours and miuntes etc until you go but trust me it is all over so quickly but was deffinately worth the wait and was the best day of my life. everything was just so perfect and the hotel and Mauritius are just such lovely places it really is a paradise.

Good luck with everything hope you have a great day and if you need any more info don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards

Kelly (Oh and by the way the massages and other beauty treatments are great really relaxing)

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

I am glad I can provide you with some info as these are all the questions and worries I had before we went put the reviews before we went didnt really give us the info we required.

I forgot to mention in my wedding extras cost about the photos and videos as we also paid extra for these and the quality is really good.

the video is a bit cheesy in places but really lovely to keep and show everybody who couldn't attand the wedding when you get home.

The guy who did the photos and video also gives you teh option to have your photos put on a disc and to have a DVD of the wedding as well again slightly extra cost bdut worth it as you get more footage on the DVD and on the disc then you do than on the video etc.

I was like you counting down the days, hours and miuntes etc until you go but trust me it is all over so quickly but was deffinately worth the wait and was the best day of my life. everything was just so perfect and the hotel and Mauritius are just such lovely places it really is a paradise.

Good luck with everything hope you have a great day and if you need any more info don't hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards

Kelly (Oh and by the way the massages and other beauty treatments are great really relaxing)

Norwich
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone who has married at Beau Rivage

Kindest regards

Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare
Recent Conversations