We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive ambre resort

Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive ambre resort

Hi just a bit confused were going to the ambre in November from Gatwick and have been reading all reviews and forum comments and today a reviewer from south Africa mentions a premium all inclusive we've booked with Thomson and I can't see a premium upgrade I have seen some at other hotels but not here is there a premium or is Mrs south Africa incorrect ..thanks

Belle Mare Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Aquaventure
Scuba & Snorkeling
Vicky Mauritius Tour
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Hi -

I'm also wondering the same thing after seeing the same review! I've also booked with Thompson, I'm off into Thompson one evening next week to pay up my balance so I will ask them!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Good morning

We are off to the Ambre in a couple of weeks. Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks.

Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Hi candc...thanks for your reply I will wait with interest to see what Thomson say ..I think they won't have a clue ..but I could be wrong ...I do understand that's some items such as lobster and champagne can be an extra cost and that's OK it is just this" premium all inclusive " that's bugged me ..maybe Mrs south Africa has it wrong she obviously wasn't a fan of the hotel which was a surprise as nearly all of the reviews in recent months has wet our appetite for november..thanks for replying

Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Hi Bannocks ..You are lucky people ignoring the poor review Mrs south Africa gave it does seem a fantastic destination I know we can't wait until November so I will look forward to reading what you think upon your arrival back ..enjoy your holiday

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

We came back from 10 nights at the Ambre on 2nd April, booked with British Airways Holidays (as we prefer to fly BA) and no mention of premium all inclusive. It may be that when Thomson have exclusive rights to sell the Ambre in the UK (from 1 May I think) that premium AI might be introduced ?? It might just mean that premium brands of gin, whisky, brandy etc and lobster are included if you upgrade. We found the ordinary all inclusive very acceptable :) and didn't bother with any of the premium items.

Hope you all have a fab time at the Ambre, we did.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,068 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

I was intrigued by all your comments about that review so went to look - you are right - there's always one you can never please guys ;)

I would ignore it and go with the majority of the positive reviews.

Years since I stayed there but I loved it and its even better now under the new management:-)

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Emmy W??

This review sounds a bit strange to me, in fact It dosn't make sense??

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

I saw that too and I too am concerned as we booked this hotel specifically as it was one of the few that did not offer levels of all inclusive. To me all inclusive is all inclusive and there should not be levels. Hopefully mrs South Africa has this wrong, will be interested if anyone manages to get to the bottom of this. Like the rest of you I'm ignoring the negative comments as there seems to be so many positive ones. I suppose you can't please all the people all of the time!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

We went on an Azamara cruise last year and it was all inclusive but you could opt to go for Premium all inclusive where all premium brands were included. We were quite happy drinking Budweiser and German beers, and the very good dry white wines, that were included and didn't feel the need to pay more for premium - but plenty did. May be the Ambre feels that offering premium AI will appeal to some of their guests. The one thing I do know about the Ambre is that all they want is for their guests to be happy :)

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive ambre resort

Hey Guys -

I went into Thomson today and asked about two levels of all inclusive and although they have different styles of all inclusive for different hotels (e.g Karisma/Sensatori Hotels are known as Gourmet Inclusive)

They only offer one style of all inclusive per hotel so everyone is on a level playing field, so if I have to pay a supplement for Lobster or Grey Goose vodka for example, so does everyone else!

The chap I spoke too inside the branch suggested maybe the reviewer has gotten mixed up between a full board package and all inclusive.

Remember this is Thomson's opinion on this so it could differ between Countries and Travel Agents!

Roll on November I am SO excited!

Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare