We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code beau rivage

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
85 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
dress code beau rivage

we travel to beau rivage next week to get married.i have a few questions

1 can men get away with shorts in the evening? i have been told shorts are ok in day but not evening but wondered if you can get away with it going unnoticed. i have been told jeans can be worn in the eve.

2 can men wear leather flip flops(nice ones) in the eve with jeans or linen trousers?

3 shall we take rupees for tips?

4 how much shold we tip?do you tip each time they serve you a drink etc?

any other tips would be very helpful to us,we cant wait to go

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code beau rivage

I have been in touch with one of Beau Rivage reps for months now and usually ask her my questions. This is some of what I have got out of her! I dont contact her much now as she is prob fed up with me! lol

Dress code

Evening Men: No sleeveless, no shorts, no sandals / slippers. Jeans ok but normally its not accepted as smart dress only but we can be flexible. Short sleeves ok for Ray. No sleeveless for gentleman only ladies.

Evening Women: We are allowed to wear anything we want for dinner but not too casual (No beach or breakfast wear)

Breakfast: No swimsuits allowed.

I know people tend to think we are in tropical country, on an island so we are on holidays in the sun day and night. But being in a five star hotel we have a certain standard to respect and abide by. Day time we are relaxed but evening wear is evening wear, we all like to look a bit different at dinner time, more chic, classy... That's what makes the difference between eating in a pub and going to a chic restaurant.

Dress code daytime casual, no bikinis/ swim suits for breakfast. After 06hr00 p.m. no shorts, long trousers fro gentlemen for dinner, normally no jeans and no sleeveless (smart casual).

EVO
STAFFORD
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code beau rivage

NO JEANS?? is this correct? we go to beau rivage next monday on honeymoon and i dont intend dressing as if im going to work!

Larkfield, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code beau rivage

Just passing on what they told me! Think they are a bit flexiable.

I too am a bit gutted, its not like I go to dinner casual but I dont like being told you have to wear this and that! My fiance is going to have to take all his work shirts etc! :S

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
85 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code beau rivage

Hi,we got married at Beau Rivage in May this,jeans are accepted at the hotel as long as they are smart jeans,my husband and our friends wore jeans on quite a few nights with a nice casual smart shirt or t-shirt any nobody told them to change.My husband also live in flip flops and wore them every evening with jeans or linen trousers,not the plastic haviannas but nice leather ones so all you guys worrying,dont.my husband looked smart every eve without having to feel he was going to work.hope this helps anybody wondering.Ladies you can be as glamourous as you like.I enjoyed putting on posh frock every night as it is not something i do much at home as i live in my jeans so it was nice,some evenings my friend and i did feel a little over dressed as some women only looked fairly casual but each to their own,we liked it and our men did too!

EVO
STAFFORD
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dress code beau rivage

Thats a relief! all my smart jeans are packed!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dress code beau rivage

The tipping policy at Beau Rivage is that you only leave a tip in the box at reception to be shared amongst all staff. You are certainly not expected to tip every time you order a drink at the pool! However I did tip for exceptional service, and the starting point for tipping is about Rs200.

Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare