We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belle Mare and Pereybere - good idea??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Belle Mare and Pereybere - good idea??

I am looking at going to Mauritius in October for 10 nights. I am planning on staying at the Veranda Palma Beach Hotel in Belle Mare for the first 5 nights and then travelling north to stay at the Pereybere Hotel and Apartments. Does this seem like a good idea? To travel all that way, I think it makes sense to stay at 2 different places to actually see the island a bit! If you have stayed at either of these places, can you please let me know if they are ok? Also, is there much to do around these areas - are they good locations?

Any advice is much appreciated! Many thanks

Vicky Mauritius Tour
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling
Belle Mare Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belle Mare and Pereybere - good idea??

Hi there

I wouldn't move hotels. It will waste a precious day of your holiday. Mauritius is small enough to see the whole island while based in one place - specially if you are there for 10 nights.

I haven't stayed at either of these hotels but some of our regular contributors are bound to answer your questions.

Enjoy your holiday when it arrives!

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belle Mare and Pereybere - good idea??

Good advice from Dee, why waste a day of your holiday moving from one hotel to another..

I wouldn't move hotels if there for 3 weeks so certainly wouldn't bother for only 10 days,

You can get easily from North to South in a day with plenty of stops along the way.

Mazza :-)

3. Re: Belle Mare and Pereybere - good idea??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare