We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area to cover in Mauritius

Dubai
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area to cover in Mauritius

I am planning for a 6 day trip to Mauritius in the 3rd week of Dec. I would like to get an idea of the best area to cover during our stay. We are looking for some water sports/ nature park visits and some relaxation at the beaches. Is it possible to base yourself in East and still possible to visit some good locations in South/ West etc? Or how long will it take by car to reach Port Louis from the East of Mauritius? Any tips would be appreciated

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,162 posts
1,816 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area to cover in Mauritius

There is one main road/motorway. You are looking at a 45 min journey t.o Grand Baie. However Mauritius is a compact island and you can cover a lot.

Regarding eco adventures look at the followign link.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293816-c120216/Mau…

There are also places like Casela wildlife park and La Vanille Reserve des Mascareignes.

Dubai
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area to cover in Mauritius

Thanks. Thats what I wanted to know, the approx time to reach other end of the island..

3. Re: Best Area to cover in Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare
Recent Conversations