We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Residence - windy in April?

Oxford
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Residence - windy in April?

Am trying to decide whether to go for the Residence or for somewhere in a different part of the Island (eg. Shandrani in the south-east).

Could anyone tell me how much the wind will affect our experience for honeymooning beach-lovers in April???

Thanks,

kurlyvoice

Perth
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Residence - windy in April?

April is fine all over the island, its pretty much summer still. In May the temps start to go down a bit.

Surrey
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Residence - windy in April?

We stayed at The Residence at the beginning of this April and the weather was perfect!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Residence - windy in April?

We have been to the East coast four times in Mauritius each time in April. Staying in a private villa near the Reisidence. Each time the weather has been perfect April will be an excellent time to stay at the Residence on the East coast it will be fine at that time of year.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Residence - windy in April?

We stayed at the nearby Le Preskil April 2008 south east close to the airport.

You know the sort of intense heat when you have parked you car in the hot sun and you get it - Whoosh - its HOT. There was a breeze, which was very pleasant, and not the sort of breeze I have experenced on Littlehampton beach that wants to send your skirt over your head, just a cooling breeze.

I dont think it was 30 degrees, but close. It was so nice to come back to the airconditioned room to cool down.

Dont get too burnt the 1st day and ruin your honeymoon. You can get some tablets which you take a few weeks/days before you which prepare your skin. I took Sunsense, but probably called something else in UK. I think it contains Vit A and antioxidants so you dont burn and peal.

regards

Annette

5. Re: The Residence - windy in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare
Recent Conversations