We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritus multi trips

Which Belle Mare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miltin Keynes
7 posts
Save Topic
Mauritus multi trips

Hi,

I am trying to find the perfect location/ trip for my honeymoon, and have seen the below multi trip,

www.key2mauritius-holidays.co.uk/more.asp…

DUBAI CITY + DUBAI MOUNTAINS + MAURITIUS BEACH

Does anyone have any views on the locations/ hotels mentioned or on multi trips....

Any guidance will help

Thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
36,999 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauritus multi trips

Hello,

it really does depend on what month you go. If it is June/July/August then I would give Dubai a miss, as i have been in Dubai in June on a stopover ti Malaysia and it was too hot to do anything, let alone sunbathe. Some people say they can stand the heat, and say they are happy sunbathing in 50C temps. But that is just too hot.

Dubai itself has air conditioned malls and a great gold souk (bought a lot of gold there) but not much else except man made things. The Dubai Mountains thing is just a luxury hotel in the desert, which get hot but cold when the sun goes down. It is set against a backdrop of some mountains, but thats it.

If honeymoon in winter then Dubai fine.

Personally its been a building site since the 90s. when I first visited, and it still is. I don't see the appeal at all.

I would spend honeymoon in Mauritius at alovely five star AI hotel. where you won't overheat, and you can unwind.

Let us know waht you think.

Regards

Bronia

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauritus multi trips

Hi Bronia

I've found your advise very useful. I'm getting married March 08 and trying to decide between the Caribbean and Mauritius.

I want somewhere we can chill but there are things to do and see. I love the idea of the National Park, entertainment, etc. By the sounds of it Mauritius seems to be winning hands down.

Did you say that the West Coast is better? Is that where Grand Baie is? Or is my geography completely off target?

Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks

Anita

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,999 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauritus multi trips

Neets,

Grand Baie is north, and is the biggest town which is well orientated towards tourism. Has bars, restaurants, shops and giant supermarket called SuperU.

North west area like Point aux Piments, Trou aux Biches and Choisy are within easy reach by bus of G Baie.

The west, below Port Louis, centres around Flic en Flac, which, though quiter than G Baie has lots of bars, shops and a Spa supermarket, new internet cafe etc.

Lovely beaches at these places, although the beach in G Baie itself is nothing, but there is one at Perybere, a five minute drive or busride away. This is perfect for swimming, but it does tend to get crowded at weekends.

Other areas tend to be more isolated, like the east and south, with no bus links or nearby shops etc.

Weather also better west and north, especially in winter when strong breezes hit the east from the trade winds and anticyclones which create an unstable air stream. (If you look at the Mauritus weather bulletins for most days in winter it often goes on about unstable air streams over the are, which effectively means its breezy and unsettled weather!)

Best areas are west and north/north west.

Regards

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,999 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauritus multi trips

March weather should still be hot, as still summer. Risk of late cyclone minimal. Last one was February this year, but March OK.

Been in March, and was hot and humid. I prefer winter. I can't even stand our summers when its hot! Just me.

Regards

Bronia

5. Re: Mauritus multi trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare