We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Journey from airport to lux belle mare

ipswich
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Journey from airport to lux belle mare

Hi all - what’s the journey like on the above route ? We have coach transfer included in our package but I suffer travel sickness and may book a private taxi instead but didn’t want to waste the money if it’s a simple straight route?

9 replies to this topic
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,597 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

I have read reviews for Ambre hotel which included complaints about the Thomson coach transfer. Some say it made them travel sick. It's up the east coast and the coastal road is quite windey and bendy.

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

Unfortunately there are not many simple straight routes in Mauritius. Most roads are quite windy, especially to the East coast. What about asking the driver of the coach if you can sit up front with him? I can also suffer from car sickness and find that I feel much better if I am in the front of the vehicle.

ipswich
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

Thanks for the reply’s guys - guess I’ll

Just deal with it :) if you want luxury I guess there always a minus to it

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

From my memory Ipswich1900, although a winding road, it's quite a scenic route with lots to see and takes around an hour.

Plus, you have the added bonus of arriving at the lovely Lux Belle Mare at the end of your journey - a super hotel.

Hope you have a great time!

Cheers ♥️

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

If you suffer from travel sickness book a taxi!! I don’t and felt very queasy after the 11 hour flight! The road is very twisting and up and down hill.

However arriving at Lux Belle Mare is worth it as the hotel is amazing! Enjoy your holiday

ipswich
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

HI Tim - is it a big coach with thomson transfer or like a mini bus?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

Small mini bus

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
45,597 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

I've seen Thomson coaches around too so think they also use those.

Wirral, England
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Journey from airport to lux belle mare

We stayed at the Emeraude Attitude, just a tad north of your hotel, late November. Our taxi to the airport went a bit north to Poste de Flacq and then across the Island to pick up the motorway to the airport. It still only took an hour and the roads were very good and straight. The driver said the coast road had been damaged by very heavy rain the previous day, but he also wanted to pick his son up in Poste de Flaq, so not sure if that was true.

We wanted to see the coast further south, so would have preferred that route ourselves, but there is an alternative if you go by taxi. We went to the hotel from a cruise ship, so only did the airport route one way.

Reply to: Journey from airport to lux belle mare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belle Mare
Recent Conversations