We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication???

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Medication???

Can anyone tell me if you can take over the counter Co.Codamal tablets with you to the Maldives ? I have a prescription from the doctors, but sometimes they are stronger than I need. so use the weaker ones. But am a bit concerned about bringing them x

Recycled teen x

Dive Club Furaveri
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing
Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medication???

don't think it is a problem in the Maldives, but certain medicines (including codeine i think) are not allowed if travelling via Dubai. You can take banned drugs with an accompanying prescription/doctor's letter.

It's highly unlikely to cause a problem if you are just in transit, and the medication is in your checked baggage - but better to be safe than sorry!

Ian

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medication???

Hi

I suffer with kidney stones and always travel with strong prescription painkillers: Tylex and Tramadol. I carry a letter from my GP together with copies of my prescriptions. Thus far I have never had a problem.

Hope this helps.

OD

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medication???

I have a prescription and the repeat page, but I have no doctors letter, and Iam not at home so its not possible to get one. Do you think just the prescription will be ok ? as I am arriving on Sunday x

Recycledteen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medication???

you should be fine. are you going via Dubai?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,384 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medication???

Its not really possible to say for absoloute certain but that should be enough I would have thought. I took diazapam (bad back, tho I didn't need relaxing in the Maldives) and asprin etc. Also oil (to protect hair) in a plastic wine bottle which I thought might be questioned. All in suitcase.

There are chemists in Male. Or you could ask a doctor near you though you would probably have to pay. If it made you feel better it might be worth it.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medication???

icn05

As far as I know we have a direct flight with Thompson x

Thank you all for the reply's . I think I will stop worrying now, and get into holiday mode, and like you say just sit back and relax and enjoy the Maldives.

Recycledteen x

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medication???

i don't think you will have any problems at all - especially if you take your prescription.

have a great time!

Ian

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medication???

Recycled

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. In addition to the painkillers I mentioned above I also travel with half of Boots in my luggage!. Again, i've never had a problem.

So relax and have a great holiday.

OD

9. Re: Medication???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, May 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations