We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

I'm sorry, you've all had this question a hundred times before but we've been looking for so long now we're almost going skiing instead...

2 adults

Likes: diving (two or three dives in the week), good snorkelling a must, good beach, good service.

All-inclusive basis, preferably in a water villa (if we're going to do it then we'd like to do it properly).

Budget £5,000 British pounds. 7-10 nights.

Hope you can help (pleeeease).

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Welcome to the forum.

Check out Athuruga.

John

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

when for?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Thanks both, sorry for delay but my Yahoo mail is continuing to play up....

Will look at Atharuga now....

Looking to travel in March this year....

Thanks again

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

It's probably best to check what islands/rooms are actually still available now if you're looking to go next month. It's high season so the best islands/rooms at a good price may have been long since snapped up. If you get a shortlist of what's available in budget with good snorkelling then you could post it here for sme quick comments before making a final choice...but I think time is of the essence!

Edited: 5:01 am, February 15, 2014
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Thanks Lynphd - we're always "last minute"....we need to be more organised. Maybe as we're looking at this as a once in a lifetime trip we should push it back to next year....and start to organise now.

I'll keep looking to see what is on offer, just in case.

Thanks again

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

what the others are saying above is true, however we often book last minute due to my husband's work commitments and have found that sometimes room types that were unavailable suddenly show availabilty quite late on, so it is worth checking daily. Also you will have a better chance on a bigger island. Take a look at Kuramathi.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Hello Shivvy

There is a surprisingly large number of islands with availability in March. Is your budget for Maldives only or does it include international flights?

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Hi Richard

Flights fom Scotland included. Am loving both Athuruga and Kuramathi - both seem great for diving but a bit over budget. Might be worth not taking the water villa?

Thanks again all.

Siobhan

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

Hello Siobhan

Apologies - I have jumped in unnecessarily - those islands are only bookable for UK guests with Kuoni or one of their agents so I am unsure of availability.

Best wishes for a great trip

Richard

10. Re: Sorry - but which Island/Resort in the Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, March 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Meemu Atoll