We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Bath
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Hi - I've seen a few reviews recently about have to pay for a number of things you'd expect to be included in a AI resort like having to pay for orange juice at breakfast. I can understand special meals, water sports, premium drinks but OJ or evening entertainment....

I'm sure we'll have a great time but just want to 'manage' our expectations and take some extra cash to ensure we have a fab time. Also can anyone tell me how much the fishing trips are. I do expect to have to pay for this trip:-)

Thanks

Glasgow, Scotland...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

My partner and I were thinking the same, We are booked up for 2nd week in May and after reading through the reviews nobody actually Quotes any prices.

I have also emailed the resolrt ittself to ask about charges etc..

I will post up should I get a reply.

I did get a prompt reply regarding currency and if cards were accepted.

They prefer US dollar and take Visa or master card.

Thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

We got back from Chaaya Lagoon last month, yes there is a charge for freshly squeezed orange juice $7 i think it was, but there was always a choice of another juice as well which is included in yor AI.

There was a charge for crab racing and bingo $5 per crab/bingo card. Also if you wanted a fresh juice cocktail these were $10.

If your a decent swimmer and confident in the water make sure you go on the snorkel safari,(or go diving, dive school is excellent) its so so much better than the daily free trips were they have to cater for people who can't swim so well!

We had an excellent time, its a very chilled out place, and very beautiful.

Glasgow, Scotland...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Thanks for the info..

I received a price list from them,

They only seem to charge for the Spa treatments and the excursions, To be honest they didn't look that expensive compaired to UK prices and if it's only a few dollars here for things like that then I'm not worried..

Count down has started for me only 6 weeks to go.... Can't wait..

Cornwall UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

I found this really good website for the chaaya resorts

www.chaayamaldivesforum.co.uk/drooms.htm

Bath
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Thanks all for your feed back and comments. I know we'll have a great time.

PaulG - if you have time on your return I'd really like to hear your opinion of the trip. 10 weeks until our trip a we can't wait!!!

Guernsey
Level Contributor
165 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

When we were there we didn't find anything to pay for other than the usual things you would pay for at an AI resort in Maldives. Some people compare AI in the Maldives with AI somewhere like the Caribbean and it is different but you will have everything and more than you could wish for the with AI package at Chaaya Lagoon - enjoy!

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Hello we go in June cannot wait but can you help on a couple of points, wifi is it available in the rooms like meeru or any anywhere ? And what is there a charge. If do how much ? and the mini bar what is the cost per beer ? Csn you please assist hope you had a great time cheers

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

A mini bar beer was $4, theres wifi in the bar and reception $3.50 for 3 hours i think. wasn't the fastest.

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Is the 3 hours of wifi as you use it, ie you buy 3 hours but it could last several days if ix only used up as you are online ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa extras

Its as you use it, just remember to log out!

Get answers to your questions about Meemu Atoll