We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medufushi

WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Medufushi

We are now "wittling" down the islands of choice and have come up with Medufushi for an AI 14 night stay - my OH is concerned that we will only be able to eat in one restaurant and it perhaps will be "canteen" style - can anyone give me as many tips on the AI aspect of this island as possible..........many thanks in advance.

Also Key2holidays are coming in £1000 cheaper than Kuoni - has anyone travelled with Key2holidays.

Thanks again

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medufushi

Not even on the smallest / cheapest island is the food or restaurant anything like a "canteen". It's the Maldives, not Espania.

R

Rethymnon, Greece
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Medufushi

Totally agree with Rumpole.

The Tourism Industry in Maldives has high standards, you will not find another destination like this with so many great Resorts.

Cheers

Sakis

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medufushi

Hi

What tends to happen in the Maldives is that if an island has a main restaurant and some speciality ones, then guests on anything other than B&B eat in the main restaurant. Food will probably be buffet style but as the others have said it won't resemble "canteen" food.

You will almost certainly be able to eat in the other restaurants but you will have to pay a supplement or perhaps full price - depending on the island.

If you are concerned, you could always try emailing the island. I think this is the correct address:

medhufushi@aaa.com.mv

OD

Edited: 1:58 pm, July 12, 2010
uk
Level Contributor
851 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medufushi

Don't worry about the food on Medhufushi is is brilliant! Lots of choice to cater for everyone. This is one thing that Medhufushi always gets rave reviews about and I have to say it is excellent.

Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medufushi

We are on Medhufushi right now for a 2 week holiday - writing this while sitting on the Maldivian swing on the deck of the water villa! The food is absolutely wonderful both in quality and choice - some of the best curries we've had. You can always opt for the a la carte restaurant or there are other arrangements you can make for dining including the beach bbq or a private bbq. We were also told that any fish you catch on the fishing excursion can be prepared for you, according to your specifications, by the chef.

kildare
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medufushi

Hi

i have just returned from medhufushi one thing you will get on this island is excellent food best we have had in the Maldives and there is definitly no canteen feeling here you are in the Maldives your view from any resturant in the Maldives is the Indian Ocean so therefore it cant be a canteen feeling.If you choose this Island you will not be dissapointed its paradise.

Regards Loraine

7. Re: Medufushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, January 10, 2011