We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch flights to Male

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch flights to Male

Hi all could anybody tell me about leg room on Monarch airlines. We are flying to Male in the Maldives we where unable to book an upgrade and have concerns.How was the service on this long haul flight could anybody please advise.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Merlin,

Sorry to say my only comment re, Monarch as others also say--I will not fly with them, although others say they are good to Ok.

Rumps

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Thanks for your reply

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Your welcome--just sorry couldnt be more posative.

Rumps

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Hi Merlin

According to one of the online airline guides, the Monarch seat pitch in economy is 31", rising to 34" in Premium Economy. Seat pitch is the airline standard measurement for seat room. Actual legroom clearly depends on how long your legs are and what is under the seat in front!

I can't comment on the level of service. I have never flown with Monarch and don't intend to! However, there are several current threads on this forum which might provide you with more information.

OD

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Many thanks for your reply officer.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Hi Merlin,

Get to the airport really early and ask for the seats at the back of the plane in configurations of 2. You will have plenty of legroom, we did that this year and my hubbie of over 6ft was very comfortable and I could almost stretch my legs right out and I'm 5ft 6. The food was typical airline food, the cabin crew were really friendly and overall it was one of the best flights I've had.

Retrofunk.

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Thanks for that did you fly from gatwick and if so did you fly to manchester first before heading on to male as i have read about this somtimes being the case. regards chris.

Whitfield, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch flights to Male

Hi Chris

The journeys from Gatwick across May to October/November seem to go to Manchester first but Dec thro April are direct flights.

At least they alwys have been in the past............hope it continues in January!!!!

Best regards

Tracy

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch flights to Male

We have been twice in April with Monarch and always flown direct from Gatwick to Male. We are going agin ion December with Monarch and our holiday information says we are flying direct to Male from Gatwick.

Somerset
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch flights to Male

hi,

unfortunately we had awful flight with Monarch, never again, we have been to Maldives 4 times, now and the past 3 we have flown with Virgin (Qatar airways) they are fab.

Get answers to your questions about Meemu Atoll