We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

hakura
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Hi all,

We are due to fly out home from Hakuura on the 2.20am flight with Emirates. On the last day we thought it may be an idea to do some sightseeing/souvenir shopping on Male but weren't sure how feasible this would be

eg- not sure how far Male is from the airport? We believe it's a short ferry ride from the airport to Male, but also the options regarding time best spent on Male.

Our thoughts were to get the earlier flight from Hakura to Male and check our luggage into the on-airport hotel (does anyone know the current price for a day in the airport hotel) so we would be free to get a trip to Male for the day. how safe is it to do this??

The other option we thought of was to delay the flight from Hakura and get the last possible flight away from the iseland back to Male but then we know we could be 'stuck' with lots of luggage on the airport with very little to do....

What would be the best/most cost effective options in your opinion? Any help/advice appreciated!!

Cheers

Nick & Stace

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Hi

When we've been booked on this flight, we've always booked a "day" room at the Hulhule Hotel (with the travel agent before we go). It's never cost us too much to do this, but can't remember the exact price - sorry. We just like the option of having the room & being able to have a nap if we want, and freshen up before going to the departure lounge.

I think it's possible to pay to just use the hotel facilities (pool etc), may be worth emailing them to confirm this is still the case.

If you book the day room, of course you have use of all the facilities of the hotel, and there is a free shuttle service to Male (takes about 10 minutes).

Hope this helps

Ian

hakura
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Cheers Ian

Thanks for your info on the airport hotel,much appreciated will drop the hotel an email for prices.

I don't suppose you went to male on your last day,and

could tell us if its tourist friendly?,If so is it easy to get around with places to see in walking distnce?

And do the ferry boats run all day or finish at 6pm when its dark?.

Thanks for your help can't wait to leave the english

behind.

Regards

Nick and stace

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Hi nick,

IMO, its a waste of time hastle to come in my shop and buy my tat, see the Mosque, yes it is tourist friendly , you can do all Male in 2-3 hours.

Rumps

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Hi Nick & Stace

Can't help with Male I'm afraid, we've never gone over, we have been meaning to but never got round to it yet. As far as I know the shuttle boat runs til quite late. The first year we had booked into the Mookai in Male until we realised the Hulhule was on the airport island. We were told there would be no problem getting over from Male to Hulhule for our 11pm check in.

Ian

hakura
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

Whoops sorry ,the last line should of said 'english weather'. Thanks for your post's may give Male a miss in that case and just chillout in the hotel.

Cheers all

Nick

6. Re: Last Day at Hakura / Male sightseeing / Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, October 04, 2009