We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

Hi

Thinking of booking for Maldives next year. Planning on staying a at Karedu Resort (spelling) booking a jacuzzi beach villa & all-inclusive. Now we have to find teh best way from the USA. I found that Sri Lankan Air (I believe this is the one) flys direct to Male from London and then stops in colom and then on to Londo on the return. This may be the best way. We could fly to London from New York and depending on our arrival time stay a night in London. If anyone has any other suggestions, it would be appreciated.

So how long is the flight from London??

Thanks

Jackie

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

I have done a lot of research - we are going in July. The best flights (both length of travel time and cost) were going though New York to Dubai or LA to Malaysia. Obviously, if you are in NY, Dubai is the better choice.

nyc
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

I just booked a trip on emirates from NYC-- They have nonstops to Dubai and then Male. My flight will actually have a short layover in Hamburg-- good with that so I can stretch my legs. Cost was reasonable-- 1400. I researched just about every option-- this seemed to be the shortest and cheapest route.

Arkansas
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

We are thinking of going with them as we are from the USA also and it is hard to find trips to the Maldives. The package we are looking at is leaving from JFK to Dubai, where you stay 3 nights and then fly on to Male and then go to 1 of 4 resorts. We have leaned toward Kuredu Island Resort because of the reviews of their "house reef".

Anyway the price is $3029 pp for Air and Land Inclusive...I haven't checked yet about the meal plans and upgrading to the Sangu Villas. I also imagine that the cost of the flight from Male to the resort is extra.

Judy

Arkansas

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

Hi its 6hours from London Gatwick to Dubai and 4 hours further on to Male.Which ever way you choose it would be a long trip.I personally think you would be better going from the States to Dubai but you need to check out the stopover times and obviously the cost.whichever way you go its worth the trip.

cfc

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

Hi All you state siders

Definitely go to Dubai the last thing you want is to have a change/stopover in Heathrow the worst airport in the world

Regards

Doug

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

I got a flight that has a stop in Hamburg...I wanted to pick up some sweets!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

Well we're different from everybody else in that we're traveling via the pacific from the east coast for our honeymoon next May. Since we're going on United miles we didn't have a choice but to fly via Singapore. We're flying Washington-Tokyo-Singapore-Maldives and back and although it sounds long we're stopping over in Singapore on the way there and Tokyo on the way back to break it up. We're also flying business class the whole way for 120k miles each.

8. Re: Maldives from USA??? any suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kanuhura