We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Help!!!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anantara Help!!!

Hi all,

We are planning our Honeymoon to Anatara Maldives March 2007. This will be our first time there, our main concern is Anantara is not to far from the Airport. Does this mean that the planes are visible and there is lots of noise pollution?

Thanks HK

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara Help!!!

I don't believe that you will have a problem with Jet noise. Anantara is fairly far from the Male airport and departing flights will be going north almost without exception I would think. My understanding is that other than occasional seaplanes there isn't any plane traffic to worry about.

Rugby England
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara Help!!!

we stayed for 2 weeks at the beginning of sept and saw about 7 sea planes - nothing......

It was great at anantara hope you enjoy your stay!!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Thank you guys for your help.

Also, Which rooms would you consider the best. The Deluxe Beach Villas or the Water Villas??

HK

Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Hi LoveTravel,

Can you tell me what the weather was like during your 2 week stay at Anantara? I heard the weather was really bad at the beginning of Sept this year.

Thanks,

Alberto.

Rugby England
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Alberto_Lin - It was bad for 4 days of the 2 weeks we were there, it's not normally that bad apparantly a storm like that happens once every 10 years and we had 2 x the normal month of septembers rain in 4 days! but hey thats what you might get if you go to that part of the world, it was still good though ! and it was an experience to think your water villa was going to fly away!

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anantara Help!!!

I am going in december for my honeymoon to anantara.

After all the bookings and everything was done including full board,

our travel agents informed us that the resort has changed the meal rates. For the earlier full board rates, you can only get breakfast and dinner. We would have to pay more to get the lunch included in the menu. The reason given was that the resort has made the menu for breakfast and dinner much nicer and hence people do not need to eat lunch.

Anyone heard of this?

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Yeah I've heard of it! If things are as you describe its call "bait and switch"

Have you given these people a deposit?

Do you have a contract?

Are the specific conditions of the meal plan spelled out

in your original agreement?

If those things are true then it seems to me the travel agency needs to eat the cost of the "super full board"

Even if the resort did change something that should be between the travel agent and the resort. You shouldn't have to come up with more money if you already have a contract with the travel agent.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anantara Help!!!

lalitjina :

i am reading your post and don't know if i am laughing or shaking my head in astonishment at the audacity of the agent .

frankly, the resort seems to be doing a lot of quite shocking price raising . "people don't need lunch"? what about diabetics or even just people like me who don't like breakfast ? by lunchtime, i am fresh off the diveboat and ready to eat, mind you .

skibum is absolutely right . if the booking process was completed before this crazyness came about, your agent is out of luck and you just got grandfathered in under the old prices.

frankly, i don't think it's entirely ethical that the resort shouldn't be honoring "already booked guests" at the original price anyhow . so your agent might very well not have to eat the cost, but push it back where it belongs - at the resort . (tell them to put it in the same place as the new and improved winelist)

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Actually Spammie I may be right but that doesn't mean a judge would say so and besides theres a honeymoon thats already been booked that I assume can't necessarily be rearranged at this late day. If he/she fights this now they may just say to heck with you and cancel the whole deal. I suspect that someplace in the agreement there is some obscure clause that says they can just give you back your money ...no harm no foul.

Just because its unfair doesn't means its not legal.

Seattle, WA
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anantara Help!!!

Thanks, all you folks. I think I am going to switch my honeymoon to ansana instead of anantara