We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Island

Glasgow
3 posts
Save Topic
Sun Island

Just booked to go to Sun Island ,July 2007 for 2 weeks.

This is our first experience of the Maldives, anybody any tips.

We are just going FB as we aren't big drinkers so didn't see the point in going AI.

Does the shop sell bottles of juice rather than constantly buying glasses from the bars?

Any usefull information would be appreciated.

Lynn

Manchester, England
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Island

No, you have to buy it by the glass, but the measures arent stingy.

I went AI so Im not sure about prices etc, but noone around us was ever complaining.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Island

You do drink alot of juice, all day and evening, the place is hot and humid.

You can actually upgrade to AI when you arrive (works out cheaper!!) and I think it will be a serious cosideration. Usually soft drinks cost more than beer and spriits!!

From memory I don't think the shop sells juice and if it did, it would be pretty expensive.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Island

Hi

My wife and I went there a couple of years back and we went AI even if we are not big drinkers. But it was nice to be able to get drinks whenever we wanted without having to think about the cost. When I went there I think that I beer and 1 glass of wine was 10 $. Send me a mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com if you want to take a look at my trip report from Sun Island :-)

Regards

Gard

4. Re: Sun Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 pm, August 25, 2009