We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Luton, England...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July

Hello

I'm travelling to the Fihalhohi resort in the beginning of July. I've been told that it will be the wet season during this time. However I'm getting mixed messages of what the weather will actually be like. I've seen some descriptions where it says it only rains in the evening/overnight but also that it can be all day downpour's as well. Can anyone describe their experience of the weather in July in the South Male Atoll?

Please help

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July

Past experiences are really irrelevant, weather patterns change constantly so experiences can be vary different year on year. Saying it only rains at night is amusing, it will rain when the rain clouds roll in!

Actual temperature remains fairly constant so it will be hot and you would be wise to expect a mix of rain, cloud and sun. Don't look at weather forecasts, they only ever predict for male and are never accurate.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July

Hi Jenny

Welcome to the forum

No one will be able to tell you with any certainty what the weather will be like this July as the weather in previous years can be totally different - I've had wall to wall sunshine one October and then 10 days rain the following October. As you say it is the rainy season so you should realistically expect some rain and not necessarily just at night. You may be lucky and have 2 weeks sunshine or unlucky and have 2 weeks rain - the best anyone can tell you is expect a mixture of both and enjoy yourself - after all you aren't going to cancel! One thing it won't be is cold!

Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July

As previously said no one can predict the weather. I've been twice in July and maybe we were just lucky but we had perfect weather. It was windy and we didn't have the wonderful calm millpond sea for snorkelling but it was still possible to snorkel just not as nice as in peak season.

We had one wet day in the two weeks and for that day it rained all day and night. The worst weather we've had was the end of October once when it rained for 3 or 4 days right at the end of our holiday.

A staff member once told me that the worst weather is in November but I think that its just totally unpredictable now.

Have a great time.

4. Re: Weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 08, 2014