We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

This is a plea for help

I'm currently at Biyadhoo & leave early Monday Morning. Yesterday I found a black & white Tom Cat, (he's the only black & white cat on the island I've seen) and he has serious injuries to his front legs. Looks like possible old bite wounds that have since become infected. He's in pain, struggling to walk & you can literally smell the infection on him.

I spoke to Reception staff about him to see if I could arrange vet treatment but I've been told there are no vets to care for him, apparently he's been given a few "tablets" but this obviously isn't helping him. He's been deteriorating from this for at lest 5 months now.

I think he needs surgery to be honest to clean & stitch up his wounds, failing that a strong shot of antibiotics.

If he gets neither he's going to have a slow & painful time of it until the infection takes over & his body gives up on him.

If there are any vets visiting the island soon please can you try & bring something to help him?

I know this is a long shot but I had to try something to get him some help

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to see the replies to this thread until I'm home but if anyone wants to contact me direct to give advice on how to help I'm in room 50 & reception will get a message to me if you email them.

Thanks for reading this & I hope so much someone can help him, poor boy.

Kristy

Sheffield
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

…photobucket.com/albums/jj460/saraaaaaaah/46…

They have arrived!

Edited: 5:28 am, April 27, 2013
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Maybe take some cat food to hide the pills in? Or ask the chef for fish scraps.

cumbria
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Brill! I asked the resort if they needed me to send cat food over & they didn't request any. The tablets are flavoured though so hopefully if crushed in a little food he'll eat them up no bother.

I asked about the possibility of them keeping him contained somewhere just whilst he has this course of meds but they haven't said if they are willing to do this. I hope they cn do this as at least that way they will be sure he is getting & eating his meds.

K x

cumbria
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Just wondered if anyone has been recently & can say how Felix is doing?

I know Sarah took the meds over & the resort said he was given them.

Just hope it was enough to get him better x

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Yes, I've been wondering about him too.

cumbria
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

No news about him then :-(

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

No, I'm saddened that we've heard no more. I check back here every day for updates and am very surprised that there have been none at all.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

Have you tried pm'ing someone who has recently returned and posted a review because not everyone visits the forums?

49. Re: Any Vets Visiting Biyadhoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014