We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandooma B&B or Hudhuranfushi AI?

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Kandooma B&B or Hudhuranfushi AI?

Hi there,

Myself, my husband and 15 month daughter have (almost) booked to go to the Kandooma or the Hudhuranfushi for 9 nights in June. For the same price for B&B at the Kandooma, we can get AI at the Hudhuranfushi, whilst AI at Kandooma is an additional £1500 GBP (that's for both my husband and me, so £750 each). These are our only resort options in our budget (currently between £3,000 - £4,000 including flights) as we want to be able to surf off the beach without the need to take a boat ride. Kandooma's accommodation is slightly better as the Beach House has a bedroom and a lounge so our daughter can sleep in the room whilst we can sit in the lounge in the evenings.

By going B&B at the Kandooma, could we still enjoy good food without spending an extra £1500? My husband isn't a big drinker and I'm pregnant. Basically my question is how much do you think Kandooma will end up being if we did go B&B? I just want to ensure we have an amazing holiday (as am pretty sure we won't be able to afford the Maldives with 2 children for a long, long time). Any advice greatly received, and if you can just make my decision for me I'll be even more appreciative ;-)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kandooma B&B or Hudhuranfushi AI?

charlie_dog .. i would agree that kandooma isn't much ... but i find hudhuranfushi to be less. neither hudhuranfushi nor kandooma has any off the beach snorkeling worth bothering with - but if i am understanding the op correctly , they are looking for a surfing island . i love your recommendation maayafushi in budget class but there is no surfing .

Edited: 9:16 pm, April 14, 2013
12. Re: Kandooma B&B or Hudhuranfushi AI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2014