We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer at Biya?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beer at Biya?

What brand/s of beer is served at Biyadhoo on the all inclusive? Has any one got a recent list of cocktails on all inclusive too?

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer at Biya?

Can't remember exactly what brand they had but the cocktails were rather good on Biyadhoo. Beer was nice as well but not sure what brand it was but you had a choice of draught or bottled.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer at Biya?

Its Fosters and san miguel usually

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer at Biya?

Hi

The attached thread contains a list of the AI at Biya as of March 2011 - prices haven't changed much over our visits there but maybe this will give you something to work on until someone with more recent info comes along.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…32959211

H

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer at Biya?

When I was last there, admittedly a few years ago, I'm pretty sure they had draft San Miguel and Lion beer, I guess the latter being a local brew.

OD

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer at Biya?

OD

I think Lion is Sri Lankan, slightly less local than Maldivian. I know my husband is very partial to it. I stuck to the AI cocktails which are very good, much better than those on Vila, Meed or Ellaidhoo, though not up to Thudufushi standard where you can have virtually whatever you want.

MissF

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer at Biya?

the beer sounds great. - especially the San Miguel - looking forward to that... it would be a catastrophe if the beer was cheap/nasty stuff. My wife would be catatonic with shock if the cocktails werent up to scratch. My daughter would have kittens if the non alcoholic cocktails didnt include a Shirley temple.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer at Biya?

i didn't check out the non alcoholic categories, Paul, but Raffi has a sort of catalogue behind the bar, which shows you what's available. If you like a mojito you will be pleased to know they do use the proper mint, not catmint, which categorically ruins the flavour as far as I'm concerned.

MisssF

Edited: 8:30 am, May 09, 2012
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer at Biya?

god i love mojitos... they have a real bite. But i really love a nice glass of wine with catch of the day - white wine with fish..mmmm... makes my eyes go all siamese. Too many though and i have to claw my way back to the room.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer at Biya?

the only problem with too much beer at Biya will be the temptation, especially after lunch, to have a wee catnap in the afternoon

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer at Biya?

Mrs D's favourite cocktail at Biya is their Bananacolada. It has at least 3 different spirits in it but the banana makes it healthy. That's her excuse anyway. lol!

OD

Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll