We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tobacco

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
tobacco

flying emirates to male via abu dhabi.can anyone tell me how much baccie im aloud to buy to take to male?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tobacco

Hi and welcome to the forum

The official stance is a 'reasonable' amount. I think I read somewhere that that equates to about 200 cigarettes or 250gms of tobacco, although they don'tseem to be too fussed at immigration. I believe others have taken in up to 400 ciggies without problems.

SL

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tobacco

thanx for that......dont really smoke that much, but dont want to run out half way thro my hollies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tobacco

I always take about 600 for two weeks, The resort prices are double the duty free prices. One persons reasonable is another persons excessive. However I travel from bxls and we have them in the checked luggage.

Never had an issue, I would not be concerned, take what you need for the duration of your trip.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tobacco

thanx for the info.....

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tobacco

I normally buy my cigarettes at Dubai and have taken 1000 through in the past without trouble. But then you have to declare the excess over 200 when you get back to the UK

6. Re: tobacco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, March 21, 2013