We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo weather

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo weather

Hi all, my parents are looking to go to the Biyadhoo resort around mid May this year. Does anyone have any idea what the weather will be like then? I know it's warm all year round but I've heard the monsoon season starts in May. They're not worried about a bit of rain but their main reason for going is for the snorkelling so if it's windy and the sea is choppy then it won't be ideal. This is their first holiday for a few years so I want it to be perfect for them - they know that the resort is quite simple and basic but that's part of the appeal for them, their only concern is the weather. I'd be grateful for any advice - thanks! :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyadhoo weather

Hi Laura , we were there early May last year , the first week was really hot the second week we had a couple of showers, it didn't stop us snorkeling though and we enjoyed it so much were going back this year at the end of May The weather never put us off and it can change from island to island , if they like the no news no shoes idea they will love Biyadhoo and the snorkeling is out of this world. hope that helps Jan

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyadhoo weather

Hi Jan, that's a big help, thanks. The reviews on this resort are generally very good and from talking to my parents earlier, I think they'll be going the end of May so will probably be there the same time as you. Here's hoping for good weather and fantastic snorkeling!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyadhoo weather

Hi

The weather can be very unsettled when the monsoon changes, which in recent years has been mid May. Two characteristics of this are wind and reduced visability when snorkelling. This is not set in stone of course and hopefully your folks will have calmer weather. We were in the Maldives at the end of April/beg May last year and whilst our first week was great, the 2nd had a lot of wind and quite a few showers. Of course this means nothing in terms of what will happen this year. In any case, there is some great snorkelling inside the reef at Biyadhoo, so hopefully they'll have a fantastic time.

SL

4. Re: Biyadhoo weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 16, 2013