We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Off next week to Biyadhoo, flying Emirates Economy from Gatwick. Tickets have now arrived & so I now have booking number. Planes are 777-300s, & 2 (if not 3 out of the 4) seem to be the ERs.

To all you knowledgeable TA folks out there - can anyone please recomend the best seats to try & get, if possible. There are 2 of us, & we haven't paid for extra leg room (don't even know if that's an available option).

Many thanks

Michele

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

the emirates website and seat guru have seating maps, if you fly next week I would move fast as the better seats will book up months in advance

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

we prefer the rear rows of seats where they go from 3 seats to 2. The best of these is the front row, which are numbered 46A/B and 46J/K on the 777-300 planes (including the ER).

However in July we got "bumped" out of them as they used a 777-200 and the seat numbers are different.... Luckily on check in I asked if there were any extra leg room seats available and we got a couple of exit seats.

The problem is you may not know in advance which plane they'll use, ours was advertised as a 777-300 and changed at the last minute.

Seat plans are available on the Emirates website, and are accurate. As espiritguy says, they do book up well in advance - they don't tend to allow pre-booking of the bulkhead/exit row seats though, so you can always try getting to the airport early and asking if they're available at check in.

Ian

Edited: 1:41 am, September 13, 2011
Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Info from Ian is spot on. 46 A/B/J/K are the best economy seats on the plan IMO.

On return from Male to Dubai recently, like Ian our aircraft was changed to a 777-200 there are 10 less rows on those so look for 36 A/B/J/K

Cheers

Rob

Edited: 3:33 am, September 13, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Hi guys

Thanks greatly for the help. You were quite right, of course, the seats were already taken. But since I've only just got the documents with my Emirates reference from the agent, I couldn't do anything sooner. The good news though is that all 4 planes appear to be fairly quiet, at present. We shall see......!

And thanks espritguy for reminding me about seatguru - I'd forgotten it - a very useful site.

Cheers

Michele

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
293 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

FYI you can usually get the agent to find the reference if you ask them, certainly Marks Travel have always got it for me. But you have to ask. Next time you can try.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Hi Viv

Thanks for that - I'd thought (from something on another thread) that I had to wait for the tickets. I'll know another time. Since we only booked in August, I reckon I'd still have been too late, though

Look forward to meeting up with you in 11/12 days time maybe.

Cheers

Michele

Haywards Heath...
Level Contributor
293 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Yeah !!!! I am very nervous to be honest, just being alone - eeeeek - but sure I will be fine :-(

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

Can understand that - I've not holidayed alone in last 33 years (27 married) & I'd feel v nervous too. But from everything I've learnt on TA, Biya is very social & friendly. But you know that 'cos you've been there before & it sounds like a good choice for you. I'm sure you'll be fine too. And once we've found each other - G & I will look out for you. You don't say why alone this time & I won't ask.

See ya

Michele

9. Re: Emirates to Male - which seats to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 21, 2012