We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

Sydney
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

Hi there,

We are planning a trip to the Maldives with our 3 year old and are considering the new Jumeirah Vittaveli resort.

Can anyone offer some information on the resort's location? We are hoping for a resort with a great house reef where you are able to snorkel from the beach front. We are also concerned that the resort is only 20 minutes by speedboat from Male and that Male may be visible from the resort?

We have previously stayed at the W Retreat and also the Shangri-la Villingili so we enjoy luxury resorts but it is also important that the resort is child friendly.

Thanks!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

majane ... odd advice . especially in post 23 .... soneva gili has of course no housereef and neither does anantara have an accessable housereef . soneva fushi's housereef is ok-ish but certainly a long way short of "superb"

Zagreb, Croatia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

I agree in the sense that Trip Advisor should be a reflection of true and valuable critiques both positive and negative to facilitate clients in chosing the most suitable resort.

However, all these comments are not really helping us in determining the condition kf the rrsort in January. Any independent review would be highly appreciated.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

Having just returned this morning from the resort, I decided to read the forum. My partner and I spent 9 days and 8 nights at the Jumeirah Vittavelli. I have visited the Maldives on 9 occasions now - and aim to go back at least once a year. I am not a travel agent and have no connection whatsoever with anyone in the industry or in the Maldives for that matter. I have my business in the medical sector and my partner in software.

I have enjoyed the luxury of the likes of Dhoni Mighili (now Dhoni Island). I have also been to 2 'new' resorts in their opening 3 months (including Vittavelli). If you're looking for 5* star luxury and family fun, then I have to say you will be hard-pressed to top Vittavelli. Will talk about the facilities, but first allay your fears re proximity to Male/ planes/ rubbish burning etc. You quite simply will be oblivious to it all. It makes absolutely no difference. There is no 'added' noise pollution - nor any other kind of pollution for that matter. You hardly notice nor hear the planes. You will benefit from the speedy transfer - we were out of the airport and on the speedboat within 15 mins of getting off the plane (Qatar - best choice for me so far). Check-in is a simple affair - it is done in your room! Rooms are enormous, luxurious and beautifully designed. The outside decks are given as much attention to detail as the rooms themselves and they all have larger than average private pools. We stayed in a water villa - the corals directly around the villas are all developing well - better than any of the other islands I have visited at such close proximity to the room - so snorkelling is possible right outside your room - and all around the island. The island is approx 1.5 km in length. This is the biggest island I have visited. I must admit, I was a little apprehensive at first about the size - but the fact the the rooms are all detached and private ensures that you aren't even aware of neighbours. Regarding children, the facilities are the best I have seen. I actually went with my partner for a romantic/ peaceful break, but having a son myself (now 20) I understand the importance of the facilities for children. The kids area is huge - I wanted to play in it myself! The staff are great with kids - the head chef and his wife have a gorgeous little lad - AJ - the lad is so happy - which is great for parents to know.

Food is excellent - wine expensive. Staff are wonderful - as you would expect in the Maldives. There also seem to be more female staff there than I have seen on any of the other islands - which is good to see. There is no evening animation crew or noisy event that I know of except some live easy going music every other evening. You make your own evening - so I would not recommend the island if you are looking for a vibrant nightlife - the island is a quiet, peaceful one.

There appeared to be several high profile families holidaying on the island during our time there - including some Bollywood folk - so the bar is set pretty high in the prestige stakes.

I would recommend you book half or full board if you decide to go - it's an expensive place to be!

Good luck

uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

Hi

did u end up going to vittaveli...what did u think?

We are thinking of booking but we have read mixed reviews for couples and its better suited to families.

Wailea
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

Avoid Jumeirah at all costs. The service is bad, they're destroying the island environment (reefs included).

Moreover, you may also breathe the toxic smoke of Thilafushi, the garbage island, which is visible from Vittaveli.

I would pick Sonevafushi, Sonevagili or Laamu, which are run by the Six Senses.com company.

36. Re: The New Jumeirah Vittaveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 04, 2013