We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?!

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
42 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?!

Gosh-everywhere looks so idyllic. I want to go October 2012 (BIG birthday celebration!!) and TravelBag have suggested Vilu Reef which looks amazing but I also would like to renew our wedding vows. I posted a topic on here about it and didnt' realise there was a couple of seemed to have their ceremony mocked by the locals. Something I definately dont' want!

Does anyone have any suggestion where may be a great place to go. I know prices vary and we are going to do Sri Lanka before we arrive to the islands so I do not have loads of money so unfortunately all those lovely expensive hotels are out! We have decided to stay in a beach bungalow rather than on the water.

Any input would be good especially if anyone has traveled with TravelBag!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,901 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?!

we need an idea of your budget , please. you also tell us nothing about what you are looking for in an island . they ball offer wedding vow renewals , so thats not a criteria.

in absense of any information, i would suggest dhiggiri, maayafushi or veligandu, if the budget can stretch .

i don't know what travel bag is ... but i would NOT recommend vilu reef

Kent
Level Contributor
42 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?!

To be honest not sure what I am looking for - just 5 days of pure relaxation and good snorkelling I guess!

As the quote I got from my travel agent (TravelBag being the travel agent) isn't broken down I am unsure how much she has allocated for the Maldive part of the holiday. I guess maybe 'middle of the road' or even budget (If the Maldives do budget!!)

I was hoping people may be able to give me ideas of islands to stay then I can go back to travel agent and see what they can come up with.

Is Vilu Reef really THAT bad????? In pictures looks fab!

3. Re: Where to stay?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 am, May 29, 2012