We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i bring my own food to island resort?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
can i bring my own food to island resort?

i m on budget, can i bring my own food to island resort due to the food at resort are so expensive?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

Steps

I agreed with taking snacks, as my reply indicated. I’ve paid the silly prices for “chips” after a few beers at 23.00. The OP did say food however.

Read SL & OD post, we were clarifying the question. Snacks, yes but food in general then I don’t get it. I also see nothing wrong with going to the Maldives on a budget, what ever that means to different people. I just don’t see the point in going self-catering. But that’s just me and I find the two or three meals a day in general sufficient.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

I remember a person asking a similar question regards taking pot noodles and the like to save eating in the restaurant etc. It was more that I did not understand as the Maldives is all about having nice food while on holiday for the wife and I. If I was going to save like that then I would rather go elsewhere.

Don’t worry a number of boxes of Pringles will be in our luggage. Salt and Vinegar taste soooo nice while sitting in the Jacuzzi.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

You've all got me thinking now!

Pringles are a great suggestion, anyone got any tips for chocolate transportation?!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,839 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

Funny you should mention that. I buy Celebrations because each is sealed and easy to decant into suitcase/handbag. Also a well known brand of Swiss chocolate is sealed in foil. (Trying not to advertise!) they seem to survive the flight well and stay reasonable without fridge while there. Did have an occasion when the air con went off but left alone to cool they were fine. If you can get hold of those little Belgian mints served with coffee they too are in their own packet.

Become something of an expert as I can't go without my chocolate fix and it's usually expensive at transit airports, also I tend to go on trips into the wilderness.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

Cheers sue!

You wouldn't be hinting at milka there would you? Or toblerone maybe ;-)

I'll give it a try!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

yes! thanks to all of the comments and suggestions. i think i will bring cup noodles, pringles, biscuits, bread and choc!

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

You're right Hexanne .... Self catering in the Maldives does not make sense. But I guess we all have different budgets & circumstances.

I've currently got a taste for Mature Chedder & Onion Kettle Crips .... just packed 8 large packets in my suitcase for Biyadhoo next week. I'll be chomping on 1 pack a day with my chilled beer on the beach next week.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

do u bring beers as well stepsahead??

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

LOL .... if only I could smuggle in some Fullers Honey Dew Organic Beer!!!!

20. Re: can i bring my own food to island resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll