We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here we come again...

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Here we come again...

Just booked Olhuveli for two weeks from 8th May. 4th visit to different islands and still as excited as the 1st!! :-)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here we come again...

have fantastic time x

preston
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Here we come again...

Hi 2011nikki,

We have booked to go here late august of this year for our Honeymoon. Will you be writing a review on your experience?

Hope you have a wonderful time :-)

Lee

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Lee...yes will do. Have you been before? If not you are in for a real treat. All islands are great I'm sure and have their own 'pesonalities'.

Nikki

preston
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Here we come again...

Hi 2011nikki, no both of us have never been before and are really looking forward to it. Just hope the weather is ok for us (i know it's a crystal ball job)as we fly out on Aug 31for two weeks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Nikki, we are travelling from Manchester to Olhuveli on the 4th May for 2 weeks. We originally visited the Maldives (huduranfushi) nearly 4 yrs ago and fell in love with the place but have not until now been able to afford to go back.. Needless to say we can't wait - bit worried that others mention there are much better resorts as this island wasn't cheap but vs hudhuranfushi I don't think their will b any contest. You never know may bump into u in a few weeks. Have a great time - Nic :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Nikki, we are travelling from Manchester to Olhuveli on the 4th May for 2 weeks. We originally visited the Maldives (huduranfushi) nearly 4 yrs ago and fell in love with the place but have not until now been able to afford to go back.. Needless to say we can't wait - bit worried that others mention there are much better resorts as this island wasn't cheap but vs hudhuranfushi I don't think their will b any contest. You never know may bump into u in a few weeks. Have a great time - Nic :-)

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Nic....getting close now, this time in two weeks we will be there! Everyones idea of the 'best island' differs with what they want from their holiday I suppose but I'm hoping to really enjoy this one. We did Meeru two years ago and had a fab holiday, I have seen lots of negative issues about that island since though so openminded. Meeru snorkelling is dire though!! Hoping Olhuveli is better, to get the really good reefs you do seem to pay a premium and they get booked up. See you there :-)

staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Nic,

We fly out from Manchester on the 4th to Olhuveli too! Its our first time to the Maldives we re really excited although a little apprehensive about the weather...have you visited at this time of year before? Was the weather good?

Regards,

Nic (another one lol)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here we come again...

Hi Nic,

Last time we went in September but have checked the weather and May looks very similar. We had a couple of 10 minute showers and 1 bad day of rain but to be honest it was still so warm it didn't bother us! We carried on with our snorkelling and diving as though it wasn't raining...

You will love the place, it's just honestly breath takin. Have a great time n may see u on the plane :-)

10. Re: Here we come again...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 21, 2012