We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

We are going to Biyadhoo next week - woohoo, can't wait. Can anybody please tell me if the sun loungers on the beach have adjustable backs - otherwise I was thinking of taking a lilo that converts into a back rest.

Thank you

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

Stepsahead

Like you, don't like/use lilos normally, but having read a number of posts here, have actually bought a couple for our Sept trip. Shame!

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

As long as they are all covered up with towels, no one will know ; )

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

MBW

From memory, if you pay a visit to the bloke who fills up the scuba tanks with compressed air and give him a few dollars, he'll inflate your lilos for you.

I only discovered this tip after nearly giving myself a double hernia blowing up Mrs D's lilo!

Enjoy Biyadhoo.

OD

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

I took my own electrical pump .... put it in my dive bag. I found that the lilo's needed topping up from time to time.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

Just make sure you take it home again! Unfortunately when I was at Biyadhoo a lot of people had just abandoned their lilos at the end of their holiday and as well as the environmental implications, it really made the place look a bit scruffy in my opinion.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

Rather than just dumping them, I offered our lilo's to a couple that were there for another week. They were very grateful.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

OD

Many thanks for that tip - have been looking out for a light weight foot pump, ever since husband's indicated that manually inflating lilos is not his idea of fun!

He's an avid diver (I just snorkel, avidly) & he'll be spending serious money at Dive Centre, so a few extra USD direct to tank guy, to save his breath for diving, won't be an issue :-)

Will be our 1st time at Biyadhoo although we have been to Maldives before (Hakuura, the year after the tsunami). Have really appreciated all your posts - very, very helpful, many thanks - you obviously love the place. I think I'm going to like the simplicity of Biyadhoo, especially with the excellent snorkelling off-beach whilst Sir's off diving.

Cheers

Michele

18. Re: Biyadhoo - Sun Loungers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 23, 2012